Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How to run app in background mode while app is not opened?

Adam_Suchi_Hafizulla
Hi everybody. Im sorry, i want to ask something about background mode. So, i have a project of Intel XDK. My application is like alarm/reminder, so i need make this app to always running in background mode. I already use background mode plugins, its working when i didnt close the application or just touch home button to hide. But when i run exit button (navigator.app.exit()), the background mode become deadactive. And i must open the app for enable background mode again. Maybe you have a experience about this, how to run app in background mode while app is not opened. Thank you before Im using this plugins https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-background-mode/tree/ac5fef831dbf9e567277dc900389923bd9bc7714
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Adam -- a Cordova app (which is what the XDK creates) is not an appropriate choice for the sort of app you are trying to create. Cordova apps do not work as background services. You need to either write an app natively, as a service, for each platform or create a Cordova plugin that implements the desired service (which will have to be written natively for each platform).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Adam -- a Cordova app (which is what the XDK creates) is not an appropriate choice for the sort of app you are trying to create. Cordova apps do not work as background services. You need to either write an app natively, as a service, for each platform or create a Cordova plugin that implements the desired service (which will have to be written natively for each platform).

0 Kudos
Adam_Suchi_Hafizulla

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

hmmm... Okay i think so. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos