• Intel Realsense camera (r200) Depth
  • Intel Realsense camera (r200) Left-Right
  • Intel Realsense camera (r200) RGB

I ran Intel RealSense Camera Explorer

Intel RealSense Front Camera

-not connected

Intel RealSense Long Range Camera

-not connected

Now I ran the IntelRealSense Sample Browser and selected the Common samples and run Camera viewer (C++)

I got a windows showing color video at (31 fps)

Now I run R200 Samples ScenePerception (C++) 

A console windows show:

RF_ScenePerception: Starts.

RF_ScenePerception: being configured...

SenseManager: Init Failed

The computer I am using is an Ultrabook Lenovo_MT_20BT_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3rd generation

Intel Core i5-5300 CPU @2.3 GHz, 4 processors, 

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.10586 Build 10586

8 GB Physical Memory

256 GB Hard Drive

IDE environment: Visual Studio 2013 

I am really looking forward to develop using the SDK for R200, Please help

0 Kudos
7 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Looks like a power issue to me since only the colour camera is working.

First, check that your camera is connected to a USB3 slot and not a USB2 one.

Also, check that the power is not limited in any way, which is common in laptops to save battery. Try connecting the camera when the laptop is plugged in, to make sure that the battery plan is the least conservative. Change the power settings to allow maximum usage of the USB connections.

0 Kudos
jose_r_1
Beginner

these are the specs of x1 carbon:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/x-series/x1-carbon/?cid=us:sem|se|google|All_Products|NX_Lenovo_All_Products_DSA&ef_id=VsNYSwAABOTi9dAb:20160427112613:s

E2 x USB 3.0 (1 with AOU)

I am using high performance power profile now, and I have the same issue. 

I am going to try installing the camera in another more powerful MSI laptop that I use with Kinectv2 and see if I get something different

I already spend the whole day yesterday with the X1 Carbon

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Can you check in Controll Panel >Programs > Uninstall a Program and see what version of the Intel realsense DCM (Depth Camera manager) you have?

0 Kudos
DKryd
Beginner

hi jose, have you installed other devices that use the usb3 port like a dvd drive or some type of printer/scanner? if so, there could be conflict with drivers. 

0 Kudos
jose_r_1
Beginner

I got tired trying to make the camera work i the ultrabook Carbon X1 3rd generation, and switched to a MSI GT60 2PC dominator. 

R200 is finally working there and I finally can see the red light coming out of the sensor. I started now running the samples from the SDK but only a few of them work for a few seconds before they crash. I know they are samples but i hope they could provide with either better error handling or with better debugging information, because if they fail, they just collapse and need to be shut off with task  manager or they exit without telling the error(I can see something in the console, but is too fast to see what it says)

Also the usb cable is really small. In my 17 inches laptop there is a big distance between the super speed usb3.0 port and the back of the laptop. 

Is this cable a special cable or can I use a longer one? 

0 Kudos
jose_r_1
Beginner

My version of the driver DCM R200 is 2.1.24.9476

0 Kudos
kfind1
New Contributor I

I had this issue, and the cause was my GPU does not support Open CL 1.2 . this only happens with Scene Perception/Enhanced Photography SDK samples and modules though. I can run the simple depth camera viewer and other things without issue. 

Run the Camera Viewer ( C++ ) example in the Common samples SDK list on your older test computer that was not working, and you should see the colour and depth frames from the R200 immediately. 

0 Kudos