Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

INTEL APP PREVIEW PROBLEMS

ADRIAN_ABRIL_CASTRO

Hello, 

I have created an App with Intel XDK and PhoneGap, I have tested this App with Intel App Preview in two mobile and it works perfect on Android 4.2 and Windows Phone 8, but I said to my friends to test the App in her phones and the Intel App Preview not working in a very high number of terminals: 
- Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 the Intel App Preview not shows the login with the user and pass, directly shows the menus but don't do anything without login. 
- Nexus 4 with Android 4.2 the Intel App Preview not shows the login with the user and pass, directly shows the menus but don't do anything without login. 
- Iphone 5 with the last SO the Intel App Preview works bad because shows my App with a black background (imposible to read the texts). 
- Samsung Galaxy Trend with Android 4.0.4 the Intel App Preview works bad because shows my App with a black background (imposible to read the texts). 
- Sony Xperia S with Android 4.1.2 shows a white page when you run the Intel App Preview, but is only shows this and not work. 

And I have a problems with my Windows Phone 8, but is a rare problem, when I use the hidden="true" property in my HTML code, works well in Android because is not visible in the App, but in Windows Phone 8 does not work because it still appears... 

Can you tell me anything for these problems? Thanks.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

In the emulator, open the console, are there an javascript alerts? What you are describing, sounds like this could be the case.

Did you select the all the plugins you try to use in the Project settings?

Have you tried building your app and installing it on device?

Whats the name of your app?

0 Kudos
Barry_Johnson
New Contributor I

FYI, John H, there is a bit more information and elaboration in a separate thread Alex started:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/508605

0 Kudos
Francisco_Barbosa_do

Hello Dears,

Also, I have the same problem or similar.
Built the app through the Intel XDK without errors, but when installing the Lumia 435 with Windows Phone 8.1, using the Windows Phone Application Deployment 8.1 (for the generated file is .appx), the message: Error - incorrect parameter.

I tried with other apps provided by Intel XDK as a demonstration and was the same mistake.

On Android, it works perfect and tested on multiple devices, such as Motorola Moto G, Samsung Win Duos, Samsung Duos Gran, Alcatel, positive.

Could help me ??

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

@Francisco, this is a march 2014 thread. It also looks like your issue is not related to Windows App Preview. Could you please create a separate thread?

0 Kudos