Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS App OTA Download link is not working.

EMRE_C_
Beginner

Hi,

When I build my ios app with distribution profile,  I can get email from xdk with download link but when I click the download link ( Click here to install your app OTA on iOS 4+ devies) install screen does not showing. I've tried with two different devices and result same.

Everything was working till this morning. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Try building again. Also try removing an existing install of the app on the device. Also, on the most recent email will work, so you can not use an email from a prior build to attempt a install.

0 Kudos
EMRE_C_
Beginner

Tried to remove app and rebuild, still not working.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
  • The OTA link only works if you open it using the native iOS mail app.

• Due to a bug in our builders, the link is only good for 30 minutes from the time you start the build. So if you try to install onto a device with the OTA link, and it has been more than 30 minutes since you started the build, the link will likely fail.

The other suggestions that John provided also apply. We are working on fixing that 30 minute timeout, it is supposed to be good for 30 days.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Ok, I was able to replicate the issue and engineering is aware of the issue. I will post back when its fixed.

0 Kudos
EMRE_C_
Beginner

Thanks John, we are waiting for solution.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

In the mean time, you can download the ipa, and install it using itunes or xcode. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The problem has been fixed, OTA installs will now work (with the restriction that the link is only good for 30 minutes from the moment the build begins -- that's a different bug that is still being worked on and will likely not be fixed until our June release).

0 Kudos
EMRE_C_
Beginner

Thanks

0 Kudos