Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS Build failed XDK1878

Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

Whem i'm trying to build an ios app (on windows) the build failed. With the same code i have succesfully build a android app and windows phone app.

At the end of the log i get this:

2015-04-03 05:14:18.596 xcodebuild[97026:100b] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary on line 90. Parsing will be abandoned. Break on _CFPropertyListMissingSemicolon to debug.
2015-04-03 05:14:18.598 xcodebuild[97026:100b] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary on line 90. Parsing will be abandoned. Break on _CFPropertyListMissingSemicolon to debug.
2015-04-03 05:14:18.599 xcodebuild[97026:100b] Unexpected character / at line 1
xcodebuild: error: Unable to read project '[APP NAME].xcodeproj'.
    Reason: Project .../App/platforms/ios/[APP NAME].xcodeproj cannot be opened because the project file cannot be parsed.

Command finished with error code 74: .../App/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
Error: .../App/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 74
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/3.5.0-0.2.7/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)
    at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:753:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:820:5)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Heikki_E_
Novice

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

This means one of a couple things.

* your distribution cert is expired

* your distribution cert does not match your provisioning profile

* the appID you gave the XDK does not match what you created for your appID on Apples developer portal.

Thanks, I figured it out finally. Nothing wrong with provisioning profiles etc. I didn't realize that there's need to upload .cer file in build screen even everything is marked as OK on that screen. Then the build was successful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 Replies
Wesley_S_1
New Contributor I

The build failed for me, when i added all the launch icons and splash screens.
For that the build succeeded.

No when i'm trying to build an ios app( even a new blank one), it fails.

BTW, i missed the option to remove de lauch icons / splash screens.

Update: Tried to reproduce it, but now the build is a success..

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@ David O

Please attach you build log.

@Wesley 

Glad you got it working!

0 Kudos
David_O_3
Beginner

@ John

Here's my build log.

0 Kudos
Erhard_S_
Beginner

I have the same issue. I have an iOS build on the app store and even try to rebuild the source for that release and also get an issue. My build log is attached. 

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

@David ~
Your build log looks odd. Can you try creating a new app, new provisioning profile and build just simple hello world app? Let me know if that works. 

@Erhard ~

Yours is pretty simple. The provisioning profile does not match the cert. You will see this at the bottom of the log.

Check dependencies

Code Sign error: Provisioning profile does not match bundle identifier: The provisioning profile specified in your build settings (“AllRugby3Adhoc”) has an AppID of “co.za.allsportsa.rugby” which does not match your bundle identifier “co.za.ernic.AllRugbySA”.
CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

** BUILD FAILED **
0 Kudos
David_O_3
Beginner

@John

After building a new project, it builds just fine.

0 Kudos
David_O_3
Beginner

@John

To clarify, if I build a new project with no functions, it builds fine. If I build the application that I'm working on, I get the same build error as posted previously.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Why dont you copy your files from your original project to your new project then?

0 Kudos
David_O_3
Beginner

@John

I've tried that, however, I get the same error when I attempt to build the app.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Zip up your entire project file and send me a private message with a dropbox (or other) link so I can look at them.

You probably have files names with funky chars or something.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_
Beginner

Hi I have this error in Log but I don't know how solved it! :

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CompileC build/Guest.build/Release-iphoneos/Guest.build/Objects-normal/armv7/CDVSound.o Guest/Plugins/org.apache.cordova.media/CDVSound.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
Command finished with error code 65: .../Guest/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
Error: .../Guest/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 65
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/4.1.2/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)

thanks to help me!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Carlos -- usually you have to look a little further back in the build error log to figure out what is actually causing the failure. The summary at the end of the error log generally reflects something else that happened earlier in the build. Start from the bottom and go backwards and you'll probably find what is really causing the problem.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I see you have several successful builds, so I assume you have it figured out?

0 Kudos
Heikki_E_
Novice

My build failed to error:

The following build commands failed:
	CodeSign build/device/Mixed\ Gravity.app
(1 failure)
Command finished with error code 65: .../MixedGravityIos/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device
Error: .../MixedGravityIos/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 65
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (/Developer/cordova/4.1.2/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23)

Any advices?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Attach the entire build log please.

0 Kudos
Heikki_E_
Novice

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

Attach the entire build log please.

I can't attach file here, I'm getting "You are not authorized to access this page." message.

Please download it from my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v20z8vhondppqmz/intel_xdk_ios_build_error.txt?dl=0

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Look towards the bottom of the log and you will see this:

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign DC579FE63BB328DEF7ACED29704618D876F454A6 --resource-rules=.../MixedGravityIos/platforms/ios/build/device/Mixed\ Gravity.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements .../MixedGravityIos/platforms/ios/build/Mixed\ Gravity.build/Release-iphoneos/Mixed\ Gravity.build/Mixed\ Gravity.app.xcent .../MixedGravityIos/platforms/ios/build/device/Mixed\ Gravity.app
DC579FE63BB328DEF7ACED29704618D876F454A6: no identity found
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

** BUILD FAILED **

* the appID you gave the XDK does not match what you created for your appID on Apples developer portal.

0 Kudos
Heikki_E_
Novice

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

Thanks, I figured it out finally. Nothing wrong with provisioning profiles etc. I didn't realize that there's need to upload .cer file in build screen even everything is marked as OK on that screen. Then the build was successful.

0 Kudos
Ganesh_R_Intel
Employee

This thread is closed but available as a readable historical reference. 
Please start a new thread if you have further questions.

0 Kudos