Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS certificate

Flemming_P_
Beginner

Hi 

Not sure this is the right place to ask, BUT take the chance :-)

Im signing up at apple developer but what kind of certificate do I need to 
crete an IOS phone app

- Development > iOS App Development
OR
- Production > AppStore and Ad Hoc

/Regards

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Eric_H_Intel
Employee

You will need to create a Production > AppStore and AdHoc.

Eric

0 Kudos
Flemming_P_
Beginner

THANKS .. found this http://www.html5dev-software.intel.com/amdocs/lib/Walkthrough_v1_UploadCSR-ObtainCert.pdf

and followed tutorial https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/tut-build-binary-ios

BUT on my mac the option to export my certificate as p12 is greyed out
I am lost here :-(

/regards

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I´m new too in AppStore. The process to delivery a APP is very strange. I´m trying to publish 2 of mine for almost 25 days and both are rejected. They are in Google Play for more than one year...

They ask about payment of the service, audience, etc., etc.

The experience is terrible with APPStore until now...

0 Kudos
Flemming_P_
Beginner

Yes it seams more tricky

BUT I must be doing something wrong .. since I cant export as p12

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Submitting to iOS can be a major pain if you do not know what you are doing. 

You do not have to export as a p12, thats just an option if you are using a MAC and have your certificates already on your mac. If this is your first app, then you can follow the walk through pdfs that were provided earlier in this thread.

If your app has been rejected by apple, then they sent you an explanation. Whats it say?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

John,

In my case, I am trying to release 3 APPs, but the answers of Apple, each time after sereval days of delay, is about links to sites. They are asking to remove links that lead users to sites. I´m trying to solve it without remove theses links. I thing that is strange an APP that, in About page, not show links to sites where are details about use, services, etc.

Apple consider that as a way to receive payment without Apple system. 

Beside that, some erros are being appointed on APP that I couldn´t reproduce here. 

Google Play is a better way to publish APPs (faster and easier).

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You could try using the In App Browser plugin to display your remote content. This way, the user is not leaving your app when they view the remote page.

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Hamilton,

Google play is quicker, easier and most important cheaper to send and store applications

Google is just one fee for US$ 25

Apple is US$ 90 annually :(((

0 Kudos
Ian_Devlin
Beginner

Yeah Apple do make you jump through many hoops in order to get an app accepted in their store. As John H. mentions above, using the InApp Browser will solve those problems for you, as I have written hybrid apps that open pages via this plugin and it's not been a problem.

As least you appear to have a Mac, trying sorting all this certificate stuff out when you are on a Windows platform! :-)

0 Kudos