Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IPv6 support, AppStore rejection

Christopher_G_1
Beginner

I am using Construct 2 and I am on their latest release.

I am on version 3522 of XDK.

My game builds fine and until I upgraded my phone to iOS 10, the game ran fine on my phone as well. I needed to make a minor cosmetic change to my game. I built it and submitted to Apple and for the first time it was rejected. Below is their explanation.

Performance - 2.1

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad and iPhone running iOS 10.0.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, after launch a black screen displays indefinitely.

I saw a post on here where it was recommended that I try using CLI 6.2.0 so I tried it. The game compiles and builds without an error, but it will not run on my phone.

I am using InAppBrowser, Vibration, StatusBar as well as a 3r party Ad plugin.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Christopher -- please see this post, which encountered the same problem and may provide some insight > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/673776 < It may be something in your code or due to that 3rd-party ad plugin. I suspect the IPv6 statement is not really the crux of the matter, and that the "performance" issue is really just the black screen, which implies that your app is trying to get a network resource but is failing (for example, it is trying to retrieve an ad but is failing due to a bad network connection).

0 Kudos
Christopher_G_1
Beginner

The game does not try to get an ad on the first page. It is just a splash screen and I set some data. Perhaps a local storage issue?

0 Kudos
Christopher_G_1
Beginner

I just stripped everything out of my app except some images and text and I am still getting black screen when I deploy to iOS using XDK. Other people on Construct 2 forum are saying they are seeing the same thing. Anyone using iOS 10 cannot seem to run our games that were working fine before hey updated their phones.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Chris -- give this a try and let me know if it resolves the issue for your app > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38410159/cordova-app-hanging-during-startup-on-ios-10-beta < -- I've searched various forums, including Cordova project, and am not finding anything specific, other than the link that I just gave you, which might be impacting the use of a Cordova app on iOS 10 devices. The answer from "kerrishotts" on this post from PhoneGap Build also has some useful info.

0 Kudos
Christopher_G_1
Beginner

This did not help. All I get is a blank screen. I added the CSP tag in the head section as the person said. I am not familiar with this, but others have tried this and it did not work for them either. This is really terrible. I'm glad my game on the app store is free. Any more insight would be greatly appreciated. I will keep searching elsewhere as well. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Christopher_G_1
Beginner

Hey Paul,

I found a solution...create a new XDK project and redeploy my game. It sounds crazy, but it worked.

Thanks.

Chris

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Great! I'd like to see what the differences are between the old and the new project. It might help others. I'll send you a private message for further instructions.

0 Kudos
MATRIX_R_1
Beginner

@Paul F. (Intel)

Hi,

i got same problem , same apple rejection

any solution please ?

0 Kudos