Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

ITMS-90xxx error - uploading iOS app to Apple Store fails

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you are experiencing one of many ITMS-90xxx errors when attempting to upload your iOS application to the Apple Developer Store, it is likely due to using an old version of Xcode and the iOS Application Loader tool.

• update the copy of Xcode on your Mac to the latest version and use the Application Loader that is built into Xcode

See this post following for additional details > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/667780?page=1#comment-1879278 <, which has been summarized here:

The problem you are having is being caused by the Apple Xcode and Application Loader software, it is not a problem with the XDK build system or the XDK itself. Xcode and the iOS Application Loader are now tightly linked and you MUST have the latest version of Xcode on your machine to get the Application Loader to work properly.

Do the following:

• insure you have OS X 10.9 or later installed on your Mac
  • install the latest Xcode development tools from the Apple store
  • reboot your Mac (after the installation of Xcode)
  • use the Application Loader that is built into Xcode (see image below)

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 11.58.04 AM.png

Upload error messages that are likely due to this problem include (but are not limited to):

• ITMS-90168: "The binary you uploaded was invalid."
  • ITMS-90086: "Missing 64-bit support"
  • ITMS-90096: "Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5"
  • ITMS-90046: "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements"
  • ITMS-90686: "The binary you uploaded was invalid"
  • ITMS-90167: "No .app bundles found in the package"
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Fabian -- I'm guessing that you have included a plugin as part of your app that needs to continue to run in the background, thus the reason for the error message:

ERROR ITMS-90040: "If the value of UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend is Yes, 
your app must not specify any values in the UIBackgroundModes key. 
If your app uses background services, the value of UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend must be No. 
For more information, refer to the Information Property List Key Reference."

I'm not positive, but my guess is that you need to CLEAR (uncheck) this checkbox in your iOS Build Settings:

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 12.11.11 .png

0 Kudos
Fabian_S_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

You were right. I was able to upload my app without any problem.

It's strange that I did not need to open the Xcode. I uploaded my app with the Application Loader and it did not give me any errors.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Fabian_S_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your solution. a couple weeks ago I used it to upload and it worked perfectly when I installed xcode 8 and updated my osx to 10.11.

But today, I did the same thing and I got the error ITMS-90040.

I attached the screenshot and the log from the error.

I appreciate you help with this.

Regards

0 Kudos