Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Ifort 2017 + MKL + native compilation problem

jofre
Beginner

Dear all,

I wanted to use my "old" Xeon Phi co-processors. I have done a system update using Suse SP12, and install the latest MPSS3.8. After installing and removing the 2018 compiler version because it does not support any more the co-processors, I put the latest 2017 update.

I am getting the following error when compiling with the following flags: '-O3 -qopenmp -mkl -mmic '

sh compile.sh 
k1om-mpss-linux-ld: cannot find -lmkl_intel_lp64
k1om-mpss-linux-ld: cannot find -lmkl_intel_thread
k1om-mpss-linux-ld: cannot find -lmkl_core

In my /bashrc I have:

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh intel64 mic

source /opt/mpss/x100/environment-setup-k1om-mpss-linux
source /opt/mpss/x100/version-k1om-mpss-linux
source /opt/mpss/x100/site-config-k1om-mpss-linux

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Jofre

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Didn't ifort 2017 remove support for KNC?  I thought it was documented in release notes, besides the obvious symptom of removing k1om directories.

0 Kudos
jofre
Beginner

Dear Tim,

Thanks. I do not think so, as I found an explicit mention in the 2018 release notes:

" The Intel® Xeon Phi™ x100 product family coprocessor (former code name Knights Corner) was officially announced end of life in January 2017. As part of the end of life process, the support for this family will only be available in the Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 version "

I was using mkl essentially to get a large array of random numbers. I remove it, and using now "call random_numbers(array)". No easy way now to compare the performance difference...

anyway, now I have a problem of "Read-only file system"!!! Why things could not just work!

Regards,

Jofre

0 Kudos