Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Installing older versions of a product

eldiener
New Contributor I

I have a non-commercial license for Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux. I have previously installed older versions of the product with earlier licenses, which have expired. Now I am moving to a new computer. I can successfully install the latest version of the product, but when I attempt to install earlier versions of the product I am told that:

"The serial number you provided is not valid for this product."

Yet since I test multiple versions of the product I need to install not only the latest version but earlier versions. What can I do ?

I also have a license for Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for C++ Windows. Yet here I was able to install earlier versions of the product for my testing without any problems. So I do not understand why I cannot install earlier versions of my product using the latest license under Linux.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

I am moving this issue to Intel Startup Support Forum for expert assistance.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

This FAQ may help:

How do I install an older version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE with a 2016 or later named-user license?

If you recently purchased an Intel® Parallel Studio XE product, extended your support for an older product, or received a free upgrade for your existing product, you are likely to have a 2016 or later license.

This license gives you access to the new products and updates. However, you may still choose to install an older version that better suits your needs. If this is the case, you will not be able to install the product using the serial number option in the installer.

Before attempting to install, you will need to manually generate a license file, place it on your system, and install the product using the license file. For detailed information, read more.

That answer your question?

0 Kudos
eldiener
New Contributor I

Alexandra S. (Intel) wrote:

This FAQ may help:

How do I install an older version of Intel® Parallel Studio XE with a 2016 or later named-user license?

If you recently purchased an Intel® Parallel Studio XE product, extended your support for an older product, or received a free upgrade for your existing product, you are likely to have a 2016 or later license.

This license gives you access to the new products and updates. However, you may still choose to install an older version that better suits your needs. If this is the case, you will not be able to install the product using the serial number option in the installer.

Before attempting to install, you will need to manually generate a license file, place it on your system, and install the product using the license file. For detailed information, read more.

That answer your question?

Actually it turned out that I could install almost all older versions using a serial number and an install that only downloaded components which I chose. The one older version I could not install, which was the oldest of the series, I could not install using either a serial number or a license file, and this version did not have the sort of install in which the installation script only downloaded components which I chose. I can live with that. The advice that a serial number does not work but a license file does work, did not seem true in my case.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

That's strange, although I think I may have some idea of what was happening. I'm glad to hear your issue has been resolved, but in the interest of helping people in a similar situation in the future, which components were you installing?

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Since your issue has been resolved, and you have not responded to my request for more information, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

If you have another question, please create a new thread.

0 Kudos