17061 Discussions

Intel App Preview Windows 8

Kirtan_S_1
New Contributor I

Whenever I try to login into App Preview on my Windows 8 device,
The sign-in credentials get cleared, and I know they are right, because

1. There was no error
  2. I know I typed my password in correctly

However, after I click the submit button, the sign-in credentials get cleared, but nothing happens.

It doesn't proceed to the "next page". It stays there with the blank login screen.

AppPreviewWin8.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I just tried this on my machine and it worked with no issues. I clicked the "show password" box to be sure the password was getting entered properly. It could be that you have an older version that does not work with the new login authorization scheme.

BTW -- I just tried to find the App Preview app on the Windows 8 store and cannot locate it anywhere, because I was going to suggest that you make sure you have the most recent version, but I can't find it on the store. I've asked the responsible engineer what's up in order to resolve that issue.

UPDATE -- the Windows 8 App Preview will be back in the store shortly (not sure how long it takes). Apparently there was some miscommunication during an update. Once it is back in the store (should show up here http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/intel-app-preview/96b71a70-5444-4cbf-9d7f-e7433a6b5ec9) you might want to be sure you have the most recent version. Then give this a try, again.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The App Preview for Windows 8 has been returned to the Windows 8 store. Go make sure you've got the latest version of that installed and try it again.

0 Kudos
Kirtan_S_1
New Contributor I

I just checked, I still couldn't find it. 

I searched for 'App Preview' and 'Intel App Preview', are you sure it's there?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
Nv
Beginner

Paul Fischer (Intel) wrote:

Follow this link, it should get you there: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/intel-app-preview/96b71a70-5...

Hi Paul,

Its not working, I am on windows phone 8.1 but there is no install button. Checkout the screenshot. Any idea when will this be sorted. Thanks a bunch

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You will need to build your apps and install them on device to test until App Preview is available again. 

0 Kudos
Nv
Beginner

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

You will need to build your apps and install them on device to test until App Preview is available again. 

I understand but any idea when the App is going to be released for windows phone ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Not able to provide a date. We're trying to get some issues resolved regarding Windows 8 Phone that are preventing this from going out. It is not clear how long it will take. Sorry, but we're not allowed to publish release dates.

0 Kudos
Nv
Beginner

Paul Fischer (Intel) wrote:

Not able to provide a date. We're trying to get some issues resolved regarding Windows 8 Phone that are preventing this from going out. It is not clear how long it will take. Sorry, but we're not allowed to publish release dates.

Hope it is released soon. Installing on phone is bit cumbersome in comparison.

0 Kudos