Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel GMA500 FreeBSD 8.0 Drivers

z3r0
Beginner
Any status on Intel GMA500 drivers for FreeBSD 8.0?

On the Linux side things are pretty poor. I'm hoping to see a FreeBSD driver sometime soon.
Thanks,
z3r0
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Quoc-Thai_L_Intel
For support of the Intel GMA500 product, please go to the product support page!

The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 500 driver for Intel Atom processor for Mobile Internet Devices supports the following operating systems:

Windows*:

• Windows 7* (32-bit versions)
  • Windows Vista* (32-bit versions)
  • Windows XP* (32-bit versions)

Linux*:

Operating System:
Windows Vista*, Windows XP Starter Edition*, Windows 7*, Linux*, Windows XP Professional*, Windows XP Home Edition*
0 Kudos
smith001
Beginner

Hi

I think you are right because i got the same problem.

Thanks

funny t shirt slogans

0 Kudos
m0dcm
Beginner
Yeah, all distro's are having the same problem! Intel have passed the buck onto the Distro's and I've had a few words with the Ubuntu Developers, who have explained what the problem is, and that it's down to Intel to sort it out not the distro's!!! Ubuntu 10.04 is totally unusable and I've had to go back to 9.10 which is only supported till April next year, and I will not install any Microsoft operating system after April, I'd rather throw my Netbook in the bin!
Intel, you say that you suppoort Linux, but as it stands at the moment, it doesn't seem like it, so how about putting your words into action and supporting Linux with a driver that the distro's can work with, and get PowerVR to release something also.
0 Kudos