Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio 2017 Update 1 installation error - 'package signature verification failed'

alfred_c_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a problem related very closely to the one described in this feed: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-development-products-download-registration-licensing/topic/604972. On trying to install Parallel studio 2017 update 1 to a Windows 7 Enterprise PC, I receive the error message: 'package signature verification failed'. I have tried re-downloading the software and different versions. I have also manually downloaded and installed the certificates as recommended, and they both appear to be in the correct location, but I still receive the message. When I look at the digital signature details by right-clicking on the installation file, I am told 'The certificate is not valid for the requested range'. I see a request was made on the above feed some time ago for more detailed screenshots - would this be useful? How should I go about solving this problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Alfred

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

Can you run certmgr.msc and see if the certificates are installed under Current User -> Trusted Root Certification Authorities -> Certificates?

Thank you,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
alfred_c_
Beginner

Hi,

I can confirm the 'AddTrust External CA Root' and 'QuoVadis Root Certification Authority' certificates are installed under the directory stated above. They are also present in the 'Personal' -> 'Certificates' folder too.

Kind regards,

Alfred

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

Thank you.  Can you check the certificates and make sure they are valid?  Also, can you verify the system time on your computer?

0 Kudos
alfred_c_
Beginner

Yes, they are valid (both until beyond 2020), and the system time is currently 11:44am on 1st March 2017.

0 Kudos
alfred_c_
Beginner

Is there anything anyone would recommend I try next to allow installation?

Kind regards,

Alfred

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

I apologize for the delay in responding.  Is your computer connected to the internet when running the installer?

Can you verify that certificate COMODO RSA Certification Authority located in the same place as the others?

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
alfred_c_
Beginner

My computer is connected to the internet when running the installer.

And I can confirm that certificate COMODO RSA Certification Authority is located in the same place as the others.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

This issue was resolved.  If you have any other problems with certificates, please create a new thread.

0 Kudos