Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 - Intel Software Manager shows Evaluation expired altough license server information is correct

reneh
Beginner

We've got a license server running under Windows and several users are able to use Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Composer Edition for Windows through that server. On one computer (tried different users, one of them works on another computer) it fails:

When I check Intel Software Manager it says Evaluation expired and wants me to activate using a serial key although it's set up to use our (floating) license server. I compared to another computer where I just installed Parallel Studio and it runs fine there. I checked the .lic file which is in the same location and got the same content. I even did a reinstallation (full uninstall and full new install) and also with the newest Update 2 that I downloaded through the working client. Still, I haven't been successful getting it to run fine.

Just to test I deactivated the Windows Firewall which also showed no change.

I don't know if the user had an evaluation install before since our developers all have admin rights on their machines. Anyway, it should use the licensing information from our server because there is only one .lic file, the one which works fine on other machines.

All client machines are running Windows 7 x64 with the latest service pack and all other updates installed.

Is there any way to analyze where the problem is?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi reneh,

That's probably caused by Intel Software Manager (ISM) cache.  Please try the follow and see if this solves the problem.

1. Close ISM and double check that the corresponding process is finished in Take Manager.
2. Delete 'C:\Users\<user account>\AppData\Local\Intel Corporation\Intel® Software Manager\DataBase\IRC\cache.xml' file.
3. Run ISM.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
reneh
Beginner

Hi Feilong,

thanks for your support. Unfortunately it didn't help, neither for the user who reported this nor for mine.
Anything else I can do?

Regards,
René

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Rene,

Please zip ISM log file: %temp%.\ism.log and all files from the folder "C:\Users\All Users\Intel Corporation\Intel® Software Manager\DataBase\IRC\", and send me via email.  I'm sending you my email addr via private message.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
reneh
Beginner

I've sent you the log files, although I'm not sure if you received my email since my first 3 tries had been rejected due to an attachment and so on. The 4th try however had not thrown an error.

0 Kudos
reneh
Beginner

Hi Feilong,

you seem to be busy, could you please confirm that you have received my email?

Thanks,
René

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Rene,

I received your email last night.  I will check it out soon.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos