Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Power Gadget for Mac Kernel Panic

Varnell__Al
Beginner

After installing v3.6.0 of the Intel Power Gadget for Mac and launching the application, there was an immediate Kernel Panic. Repeatable. Had to reboot into Safe Mode to run the uninstaller. Log points directly to com.intel.driver.EnergyDriver.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Al,

This query can be directly assisted by the Power Gadget team. Thus we best prefer you to post your query in the below link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-power-gadget

Regards,

Soumya

Intel Developer Zone Support

0 Kudos
Patrick_K_Intel
Employee

Al, I apologize for this issue, and thank you for reporting this and for providing the panic log; the log clearly indicates the issue, but it is unexpected for this platform. If you're willing to assist with the debug, please contact me directly at powergadget@intel.com. If I'm able to reproduce this issue, I anticipate providing a fix tomorrow (9/27).

0 Kudos
Shevtsov__Vladislav

I'm getting the same kernel panic when I try to launch Intel Power gadget 3.6.0. It immediately reboots into "your computer was restarted because of a problem" screen. It also seems that I have the same iMac as OP (a 2017 iMac 27 with i7 7700K).

0 Kudos
Coplan__Max
Beginner

I don't know if the panic is caused by IPG or just a coincidence, but after updating IPG for the first time in about a year yesterday, I've had two kernel panics in two days.  

0 Kudos
Sohn__Ryang
Beginner

I recently upgraded to Catalina, and had two kernel panics. Both occurred when I ran IPG.

0 Kudos
Sohn__Ryang
Beginner

I also had a kernel panic trying to launch IPG.

0 Kudos