Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Software Manager Out of Sync

chauvjo
Novice

I seem to have reoccurring problems with the Intel Software Manager being out of sync with my current installation. I have attached some screen shots which seem to show that I need to install Intel MPI Library 5.0 Update 2 and Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector 9.0 Update 2 yet when the installer gets to the point to begin the installation it says no components to install.  Since I already installed Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 1 Cluster Edition, I should not be seeing these update notices.

Is there anyway to force the Intel Software Manager to re-scan the current installation to update its database?

Thanks....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chauvjo
Novice

I waited 5 days before a follow-up to see if the Intel Software Manager (Windows 7) would update itself. It has not. It is still showing products to be installed that are already installed.  When I first open the Intel Software Manager it tries to contact the server and finally gives a message that it cannot connect to the server.  If I then hit the update button (lower right-hand corner of windows), it immediately shows the pending updates shown in the attachment.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

I'm checking for a better method, but my current recommendation is to try uninstalling the products and reinstalling them through ISM.  Under Settings, what is your Check Frequency?

0 Kudos
chauvjo
Novice

Q. Under Settings, what is your Check Frequency?

A. Check with Intel Tools

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Please send me the file %temp%\ism.log and all files under C:\Users\All Users\Intel Corporation\Intel® Software Manager\DataBase\IRC\.

0 Kudos