Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK 3088 Crash on Build

Anthony_R_
Beginner

I'm getting no issues testing the game using RPG Maker, testing the game using the emulator, and its all clear when I start to build. It's when I try to push my files to the test server or try to build my application that XDK crashes. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anthony_R_
Beginner

Attached is the crash log

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Do you have anti-virus software on your system?

We've had some problems in the past where AV software has deleted some key files in the underlying node-webkit that the XDK runs on top of, and the errors look something like what you're showing. I have not heard of any AV issues with this release.

Do you see this problem when you try to use a sample app? Try using the "Hello Cordova" sample and let me know if you experience the same issue with that.

Please also submit the crash logs, engineering does review these reports.

0 Kudos
Anthony_R_
Beginner

I'm using Windows Defender, but it's not interfering with anything as I've been able to run builds prior to upgrading to 3088. Also, I've successfully ran Hello Cordova after my original post, however when I tried to run my project again it failed. 

I've been submitting crash logs March 25-27 as I've failed to run anything over that time period except for Hello Cordova. 

Is there anything I could possibly be overlooking? 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Anthony -- can you provide a ZIP of your ENTIRE project folder and send me a download link via a private message (push the "Send Author A Message" link in the gray bar on my post where you can provide a download link to the ZIP file.

0 Kudos
Michel_D_
Beginner

Using rpg maker mv as well and crashing when the build is uploading. It was uploading fine in previous Intel XDK versions. Were you able to work around the crash yet? Maybe the number of files are too important. My project has 1556 files and around 190 MB in total. Tested against Intel XDK 3240.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Already addressed in this thread, which I believe you are already subscribed to > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/622997

0 Kudos