Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK + Cordova 5.1.1

Reece_K_
Beginner

Heyo, does anyone know if Cordova 5.1.1 has been full deprecated? I have a project that has relied fairly heavily on it, due to some plugins that only work on 5.1.1, and recently (the last couple days) my builds have been encountering a strange error:

When a build is completed using Cordova 5.1.1, the finished ipa is only around 2mb, instead of the average 42mb it is usually at. These builds do not run on any iOS device, but when I upload a build using 5.4.1 and above, the builds are proper size and work (minus the plug in that I need pretty badly that is). 

So I'm just wondering if builds using 5.1.1 will no longer work? Or if maybe I'm just doing something wrong (I'd prefer this haha)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Let me check with our build engineers to see if there is an issue with our 5.1.1 build system.

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Reece,

Cordova 5.1.1 hasn't been removed from the build system. Could you send me your both your 5.1.1 and 5.4.1 IPA files? I'd like to inspect it. Also, if you don't mind zipping up your XDK project, I can try to reproduce it.

--Jerroyd

0 Kudos
Reece_K_
Beginner

Thanks guys, I just sent you a message Jerroyd. 

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Seems to be a bug on the build system. Please use cordova 5.4.1 or 6.2.0 as a work around for now.

EDIT: Nevermind what I said, the bug is resolved in cordova 5.1.1. You should be good to go!

0 Kudos