Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK - Integrating with Realsense

alan_p_5
Beginner

Hi there,

I am trying to get up and running with integrating my mobile app with the Intel RealSense SDK.  I am developing in HTML5 and javascript and am looking for guidance on what to do next.  Can you point me in the direction of examples or documentation of how to integrate?

Regards,

Al

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We do not have any XDK-specific sample on how to utilize RealSense in a Cordova app. Doing so would require a Cordova plugin to get to the low-level RealSense software and hardware. I do not believe any such Cordova plugins have been written (at least, none have been written by Intel that I am aware of).

There has been some work done to incorporate RealSense into Crosswalk for Windows, but we do not support that in the XDK and I do not know what the status of that work is. Your best bet, at this time, if you want to build an HTML5 app that utilizes RealSense would be to check with the Crosswalk for Windows project to see if they are delivering anything that you could use. If they are, you'll have to use their build tools to create the app, since the XDK does not support building Crosswalk for Windows apps.

0 Kudos
alan_p_5
Beginner

I have been looking more lately in to Project Tango.  That may facilitate the integration, no?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sorry, but not familiar with that project or the requirements for that project.

0 Kudos