Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Intel XDK Login (Authentication) Process Changing

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We are unifying your Intel XDK login with intel.com for a simpler and more secure login. This unification process means that we are automatically creating an account that you can use to login to this Intel XDK forum and the Intel Developer Zone using the same username and password that you now use to login to the Intel XDK. Other than this login unification no other Intel XDK functionality or settings are affected. If you experience any issues with this process, please leave a detailed post on this thread or send an email to html5tools@intel.com.

0 Kudos
96 Replies
oyinloye_t_
Beginner

@Paul yes i have on several occasions like i stated earlier. Please is there a way out?seems like a general issue here. But for that, Intel XDK seems just perfect for what am trying to build and it's a lovely application.

My username is kennie11. Hope to hear from you. thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've asked engineering to take a look at your account.

UPDATE:

@oyinloye -- According to engineering there is no XDK account in the system with the userid kennie11. What do you mean by the "dashboard"?

Have you successfully logged into the XDK directly? That same login is what you should use with App Preview. Which version of the Intel XDK are you using? 

0 Kudos
Roman_S_2
Beginner

Hello,

I have problem with login on two mobile devices:

• iPod Touch 4th Gen - (IOS 6.1.1)
  • LG E975 (Android 4.3)

I am dont have problem with login into :

• XDK on my Windows 8.1 PC
  • test link https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/csd/ControlPanel.aspx

I am try:

• using in username field  my account name
  • using in username field  my email (xdk registered)  starikov (at) inprimex (dot) com
  • restore password
  • install/uninstall Intel app preview on both mobile devices
  • disable autocorrection fucntion

and I still get one error frustrating error "user name/password does not exist"

Please help!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Roman -- are you able to log into the XDK from ANY mobile devices? You list two devices you are having trouble with. Do you have other devices that do work, or does the login fail on ALL devices you try?

What I'm trying to understand is if this is problem with your account or with the devices...

0 Kudos
Roman_S_2
Beginner

@Paul, we was test next device:

not worked:

• LG P880
  • Samsung Galaxy S
  • LG E975 (Android 4.3)

Worked:

• on PC....last intel XDK
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Roman -- my guess is that something is going wrong when you are typing in the password on the device. I have been having troubles where the first one or two letters gets lost when I type my password into App Preview, so I sometimes have to hit the backspace a few times, after setting the "show password" box and typing a few letters, then start typing the password in a second time.

Try the following:

• reset your password, using the XDK to something short and simple
  • confirm that this new short and simple password works with the XDK (logout and login)
  • confirm that this new password works with the Intel Developer Zone (try logging in at http://software.intel.com)
  • make sure you have the most recent version of App Designer installed on your devices (go to the store on each device to confirm this)
  • try logging into App Preview on each device with this short and simple password (check the "show password" box)

If that works, it confirms that you can log into your XDK account from App Preview (both App Preview and the XDK go to the same place to authenticate your login). Assuming the above does work, you can go back to the XDK and reset your password to something else, if you do not like the short and simple password you used for the test.

0 Kudos
Roman_S_2
Beginner

@Paul, thank you for point of view and support.

After i am changed password to more simple (without first char +) login process in Intel app preview done success on next devices:

• LG E975 (Android 4.3)

Thank you! 8)

0 Kudos
Arne_B_1
Beginner

Hi there,

I can't login to the intel app preview.

It is possible to login to XDK (with my user-id) and software.intel.com (with my mailadress).

In the Intel App i have to enter my mailadress, but after submit it says "username/password does not exist".

Is it a problem when I'm logged in with the user-id to xdk and the app want's the mailadress? How can I change my user-id?

Arne

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is a known issue in App Preview for Android where it only allows you to login with an email address, even though software.intel.com allows a userid or an email address for login. This issue is being worked on and can only be fixed by an update to App Preview. Until then, the workaround is to use the Debug tab, do not use the Test tab or App Preview.

0 Kudos
Md_Zillur_R_
Beginner

I have installed intel xdk software in windows 8. Since today I can't login. It is loading...... My username is zillurcse@gmail.com I also can't login from my android app preview

0 Kudos
Eric_H_Intel
Employee

We are currently experiencing login issues and are currently down.

I'll report back as soon as the issue is resolved.

Eric

0 Kudos
Carlos_E_
Beginner

Hi there,

I am using XDK in a openSuse linux 13.1. It used to work fine, i have just updated to version 1995 and i cannot pass the login screen, it just does not allow to enter my credentials, reset my password or create a new account, it just enters to the attached page with no other previous page or option.

I have uninstall the app, deleted the installation dir (/opt/intel/XDK), but no idea where why it doesn't show the login page....

looked_xdk.png

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hello Carlos, see the previous post from Eric H. There is a system login issue that needs to be resolved.

When the XDK starts the first time, after an install, it insists on doing an authentication. I've tried to get this behavior changed, as it is very unclear what is going on, but have not yet seen a fix. I'll add your post to the bug report associated with that behavior. In the meantime, you'll need to wait for the issue to be resolved.

0 Kudos
Ederlino_T_
Beginner

Hey, SWATI S.
I have read the forum and have not found solution I am still not able to log in XDK(verson 1995), use the following email in XDK: ederlino.silva@gmail.com.

If you can help me log in, below the image I'm having when trying to sign in XDK:

xdk.jpg

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Ederlino -- please see this post: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/560348

0 Kudos
Ederlino_T_
Beginner

@Paul Fischer, Thank you for your patience and availability, I'm already logging in again.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Bruno -- that should work. See if you can login here: https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm forwarding this issue to the engineers in charge of the login. Over the weekend we had some issues with our login service, it's possible that may have impacted you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Bruno -- engineering tells me they have fixed the issue. It appears to have been some fallout from the authentication problem that was experienced over the weekend. Please give it another try and let me know if you can now login.

0 Kudos
tarun_t_
Beginner

i using Windows XP. I use Intel XDK frequently. But from few days when ever i try to login, it says "ERROR: ACCESS DENIED"... Please solve this. 

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

tarun t,

We are unifying your Intel XDK login with intel.com for a simpler and more secure login. This unification process means that we are automatically creating an account that you can use to login to this Intel XDK forum and the Intel Developer Zone using the same username and password that you now use to login to the Intel XDK.

It is possible that the account could not be created automatically. Please send me a private message with your username and email address (click on the "Send Author A Message" link).

Please also be aware that XDK is not guaranteed to work on pre-Windows 7 OS's. But let's try check the login issue.

0 Kudos