Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK improvements

Arnau_C_
Novice

I think that this product is awesome! It save a lot of time to HTML5 apps developers, allowing focus on the code and not in the a lot of useless settings for web app.
But, exist some settings that I miss:
Set the languages of app, I made multi language apps but the Windows build only display the English. You just need include the languages in the resources tag in AppxManifest.xml file of windows build.
In offline standard HTML5 apps ( that no use Cordova framework) allow disable the communication permissions for can make apps with no permissions requirements.  You just need no include any android permission.
If you implement this very easy features, Intel XDK will give a step to perfection for me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Amir_K_2
Beginner

Thank you for the suggestions ! It will make this a perfect one , because i also need that language improvement .

Best Regards 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware of the multi-language issue for Windows builds, and are working to resolve this.

The network permission is required even for HTML5 apps that do not use Cordova plugins because the Cordova system requires that permission in order to facilitate packaging the app as an installable app. This is a limitation in the Cordova framework that we do not control.

0 Kudos