Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK index.html not detected during live preview

Coder206
Beginner

To whom it may concern,

I am creating an application using Standard HTML5 on a Windows 8.1 full edition computer running the newest version on Intel XDK (version 1816), when I come to preview it there is an error it does not detect the index.html file (that was untouched on a new project). It states "Open an HTML file or make sure there is an index.html in your project in order to launch live preview.". At your earliest convenience could you assist me in solving my issue? Thanks.

Coder 206 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hans_W_Intel
Employee

It appears to me that while on the Develop tab you may have clicked on a file other than the index.html file in the left hand File tree.  In order to use Live Layout, the index.html file must be the selected file in the file tree.

0 Kudos
Laertes_B_
Beginner

I am having the same problem.

Is there a window with a configuration field that can tell the XDK to look for the Index file?

In principle, when I open a project, the XDK should seek the right index file. However, if I change the project or sometimes without any apparent reason the XDK live editing loses the configuration or something like that and I am not being able to find anywhere to fix the problem. The Index file is fixed in a certain IP address appearing in the url input box on the google window opened by Live editing.

This is not my index file and it does not change when I edit my file in my own drive path and directory in C:

My solution so far means reinstall the XDK. It works for a while but then the XDK loses the configuration again.

Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Laertes Boechat

0 Kudos
Laertes_B_
Beginner

Never mind everyone.

This problem was solved. My live editing is working fine.

I had a doubled less than character before the doctype tag and this was hindering proper functioning.

Thanks

0 Kudos