Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Intel XDK refuses to display Splash Screen

Osahon_O_
Beginner

Hello Intel XDK Team.

Please, something is wrong with your build system. All my splash screen images are not been displayed after I built my project yesterday (Monday). My splash screen plugin and images have been working fine for the past two months, but on Monday night after I rebuilt my project I discovered that splash screen images are no longer being displayed. I have also identified users on this forum with similar issues, and it all started on Monday. 

I am building a Cordova Android project with CLI 4.1.2.  I even tried to include the splash screen images manually using the additions.config file and although the build was successful, the splash screen still refuses to display.

Please, kindly look into this urgently. A lot of developers depend on Intel XDK.

Thanks

Osahon 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for the patience. we are working on this issue. I will update asap.

0 Kudos
Osahon_O_
Beginner

Amrita C. (Intel) wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for the patience. we are working on this issue. I will update asap.

Hello Amrita.

Thanks for this. I appreciate the response.

I hope this problem will be fixed soon. Eagerly looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Osahon O.

0 Kudos
Osahon_O_
Beginner

Hello Intel XDK.

Please I am still NOT able to get Intel XDK to display my Splash Screen.

I had hoped that updating the XDK IDE to version 2496 would fix the problem, but it did not.

I am building my Android App using CLI 4.1.2 on XDK version 2496. The Splash Screen plugin version is 0.3.5.

Please Intel when will this problem be resolved? I cannot submit my app to the store without the Splash Screen in place.

Please handle this urgently.

Thank you.

Osahon

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

What exactly is the issue? Are you unable to see the images or what you can see? black screen?  Can you provide some screen shots and .zip file of your project so that I can check and provide you more details.

0 Kudos
Osahon_O_
Beginner

Amrita C. (Intel) wrote:

Hello,

What exactly is the issue? Are you unable to see the images or what you can see? black screen?  Can you provide some screen shots and .zip file of your project so that I can check and provide you more details.

Hello Amrita.

Thanks for the speedy response.

I just see a black screen when my app is starting up. My splash screen is not displayed. I have tested this on Android 4.2 and 4.4, same result.

Please, I have attached my entire project in a private message to you. You can build it at your end and see the problem. Previous version of the app is already on Google Play Store.

Thank you

Osahon

0 Kudos
Carlos_M_2
Beginner

Hi,

​I got the same splash screen problem.

I got it fixed using the preference below in config.additions.xml:

<preference name="SplashScreen" value="screen" />

I initially put it in the <platform name="android"> section. But it only worked when put outside it...

It seems then platform android section is not working too..

Regards

0 Kudos
Carlos_M_2
Beginner

One more thing..

​I got it fixed using cli 5.5 and using last version of splash screen plugin.

If using older version, try to update the splash screen plugin also...

0 Kudos
Carlos_M_2
Beginner

Recent news...

The splash screen only shows the first time the app runs...

I changed the splash plugin to version 1.0.0, and now the splash screen shows every time the app runs...

Very strange...

0 Kudos
Osahon_O_
Beginner

Carlos M. wrote:

Hi,

​I got the same splash screen problem.

I got it fixed using the preference below in config.additions.xml:

I initially put it in the <platform name="android"> section. But it only worked when put outside it...

It seems then platform android section is not working too..

Regards

Hello Carlos.

Thanks for taking the time to send in your solution. I appreciate it.

The splash screen started working again with this specification you provided:

I didn't have to update the plugin or change my Cordova CLI version, it just worked.

I'm using CLI 4.1.2 and the Splash Screen plugin version is 0.3.5.

I'll keep watching it. Maybe Intel XDK team were finally able to fix the problem.

Thanks again.

Osahon

0 Kudos
Carlos_M_2
Beginner

Yes , it just affects android..

​Using cli 5.1.1, use the preference statement in additions.xml  and use version 1.0.0 of splash screen plugin..

This worked for me...

0 Kudos
Adri_v_
Beginner

Also had this problem and also solved it with the preference mentioned above.

Thanks for finding this, saves us a lot of time.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The splashscreen issue for android builds has been resolved. Please rebuild your apps.

0 Kudos
Sam_Deepak
Beginner

Hi

Still the issue is not fixed if I use latest version of CLI and latest version of splash screen plugin. Please help  me.

Regards,

Sam Deepak.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Sam ~

Please start a new thread with the relevant info. As far as we know, the issue is resolved.

Please include a zip that contains your entire (simplified of course) project that exhibits the issue you are unhappy with. What device are you testing on?

0 Kudos