Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Xdk new update

Shohanur_R_
New Contributor I

Hello, I just updated intel xdk to 3088, its cool with some new stuff but I noticed that there is no crosswalk build !!, where is the crosswalk build did I missed anything. 

and some issue, the ionic project template is very old.

Bracket editor did not supported new plugin please update this one.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

The Android build includes Crosswalk if you check the Optimize with Crosswalk on Build Settings project page:

Android and Crosswalk* Builds Refactored

The Android and Android-Crosswalk options have been combined into a single target platform in both the Build Settings section of the Projects tab and on the Build tab. In the Android Build Settings section there is a new check-box labeled Optimize your Android build with Crosswalk. When selected, your Android builds will be built with the Crosswalk WebView (which is the recommended configuration for all Android builds). If you de-select that check-box your Android APK will be built to use the "native" Android WebView, which varies with the version of Android and the device onto which your app is installed. Read Improving Android 4.x Performance with Crosswalkto learn the difference between a native Android WebView and the Crosswalk WebView for Android.

About the other two points, I'll let someone at Intel answer you.

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks Diego for your response. 

@Shohanur, regarding the other two points, I will look into the ionic template and see what we can do to update it. Which particular plugin are your referring to (for brackets support)?

0 Kudos
Shohanur_R_
New Contributor I

There are several I can remember at this moment , Phaser Chain, Bower, Paste and Indent and many more.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Shohanur -- if you would like to see some specific Brackets extensions added to the next release, please provide a URL to the detailed description of these extensions. We do not include every Brackets extension because some interfere with the operation of Brackets within the XDK.

BTW -- you can use Brackets outside of the XDK and it will work just fine. You are not required to use the editor inside of the XDK to edit your code.

0 Kudos
Shohanur_R_
New Contributor I

you can easily update ionic framework its using 2014 beta version !! just pushing a commit on the github repo can solve the problem.

another issue Phaser chain http://phaserchains.boniatillo.com/ extension.

0 Kudos