Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Xeon Phi Ninja Developer Platform

CPati2
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I am working with Ninja Developer Platform (NDP) with following specifications:

• Operating System: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
  • Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64
  • Architecture: x86-64 Intel(R) Xeon Phi(TM) CPU 7210 @ 1.30GHz

I have many questions around the system as I wish to run and collect data using command line only. If anyone can help me with following questions, then it will be really helpful.

System:

1. Does above system only support performance and powersave governors because of intel_pstate driver?
  2. Any future plans to support ondemand, interactive, and conservative governors?
  3. On sysfs interface, I can't find a files/paths where per core utilization is updated. Is it possible to collect per core utilization?
  4. Is it possible to configure MCDRAM mode (flat, cache, hybird) using sysfs?
  5. To capture power usage, is this the correct sysfs path: /sys/class/powercap/intel-rapl/intel-rapl\:0/energy_uj ?
  6. Using sysfs again, how can I change memory power budget?
  7. What is the cooling device interface at this path: /sys/class/thermal/cooling_device ?
  8. I couldn't find sysfs entry for reading per core/cluster temperature. Any such path on sysfs?
  9. Possible to capture power usage separately using sysfs for: core/cluster, memory, and GPU?
  10. How to find range of frequencies Xeon Phi supports? On sysfs I couldn't find sysfs which list range of frequencies.
  11. Is there any Intel tool that can profile workload and simulatenously capture system details like: governor, frequency, utilization, temperature, online cores, and performance counters, all via command line?
  12. What is "uncore_cha_X" interface at /sys/devices ?

Booting:

1. Is this the correct link to download kernel and operating system files?
  2. Since NDP is a dektop host, and not a development board. I want to know if there is a documentation on how to boot NDP via network file system? This way, I don't have to touch default system and kernel files on host, and can quickly test any kernel changes I want to implement.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies