Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel vtune amplifier XE 2011 can not write result in locksandwaits sampling mode

Arup_B_
Beginner

I have a licensed copy of Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 product.

I have installed the vtune runtime module on a linux machine. I have a program that takes a number of threads as input. My goal is to capture the profiling data

of the program in differnt sampling modes. It works reasonably well in hotspots sampling mode for upto 200 threads. But, when I want to capture the profiling data

in the locksandwait sampling mode with even 100 threads, writing of the results file terminates abnormally. However, it works with 10 threads. I would appreciate

if you could help me with this problem.

Linux version: x86_64 GNU/Linux CPU cores: 24

VTune version: XE 2011 sp1_update2

Thanks in advance,

-Arup

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Arup_B_
Beginner
Forgot to mention that I am using "launch program" mode to collect the profile data. -Arup Biswas Sr. Principal Software Engineer, Oracle Corp.
0 Kudos
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Hello Arup, Are there any error messages printed for the failed case? Locks and Waits analysis is heavier than Hotspots, much more data is collected. Is it possible that you run out of disk space when collecting on 100 threads? Can you attach the results directory for failed Locks and Waits analysis (I can make the thread private for this).
0 Kudos