Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel xdk 3759 Not able to see build settings for Cordova hybrid Mobile app Platforms

hitesh_G_
Beginner

Hi Guys,

I'm not able to see Cordova hybrid Mobile App Platforms in builds tab. 

Not able to build any version of (Android, ios, window)

Plese see the screenshot and help to make Android build.

Thanks in Advance  Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The build service has been retired, consistent with our announcement in March when we stated that the build system would be retired at the end of June. See the release notes for details > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/release-notes-information-intel-xdk < you now MUST export your package for building with PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI.

0 Kudos
hitesh_G_
Beginner

Thank you Paul for your quick response.

I'm new to Intel xdk and Cordova. Can you please help me how to build APK using Phone Gap or Cordova CLI? any tutorials where I can learn to create and publish APK.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please see the documentation, start here for export to PhoneGap Build > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/build-xdk-app-with-phonegap-cordova-cli <

For learning how to write a Cordova app, I recommend you look at some of the samples. The "hello cordova" sample is a good place to start.

0 Kudos
hitesh_G_
Beginner

Thank you Paul.

0 Kudos
hitesh_G_
Beginner

Hi Paul, 

Sorry to bother you again, I need your help.

I have created the game in Construct 2 using Admob. and also I have created a project in Cordova-CLI. I have changed the index.html in Cordova project and its running fine (working good).but when I am adding Admob Plugin its showing error

How do I show ad and backButton functionality in the game? I have used this plugin

But showing error "  

Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
C:\Users\Gaurang\TestApp\platforms\android\src\com\appfeel\cordova\admob\AdMobAd
s.java:64: error: package com.google.android.gms.ads.purchase does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.ads.purchase.InAppPurchase;
                                          ^
C:\Users\Gaurang\TestApp\platforms\android\src\com\appfeel\cordova\admob\AdMobAd
sAppPurchaseListener.java:33: error: package com.google.android.gms.ads.purchase
 does not exist
                                          ^
sAppPurchaseListener.java:34: error: package com.google.android.gms.ads.purchase
 does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.ads.purchase.InAppPurchaseListener;
                                          ^
sAppPurchaseListener.java:37: error: cannot find symbol
public class AdMobAdsAppPurchaseListener implements InAppPurchaseListener {
                                                    ^
  symbol: class InAppPurchaseListener
sAppPurchaseListener.java:40: error: cannot find symbol
    private SparseArray<InAppPurchase> purchases = new SparseArray<InAppPurchase
>();
                        ^
  symbol:   class InAppPurchase
sAppPurchaseListener.java:47: error: cannot find symbol
    synchronized public void onInAppPurchaseRequested(final InAppPurchase inAppP
urchase) {
                                                            ^
sAppPurchaseListener.java:60: error: cannot find symbol
    public InAppPurchase getPurchase(int purchaseId) {
           ^
s.java:626: error: cannot find symbol
        interstitialAd.setInAppPurchaseListener(inAppPurchaseListener);
                      ^
  symbol:   method setInAppPurchaseListener(AdMobAdsAppPurchaseListener)
s.java:705: error: cannot find symbol
        final InAppPurchase purchase = inAppPurchaseListener.getPurchase(purchas
eId);
              ^
s.java:728: error: cannot find symbol
        final InAppPurchase purchase = inAppPurchaseListener.getPurchase(purchas
eId);
              ^
sAppPurchaseListener.java:40: error: cannot find symbol
    private SparseArray<InAppPurchase> purchases = new SparseArray<InAppPurchase
>();
                                                                   ^
sAppPurchaseListener.java:46: error: method does not override or implement a met
hod from a supertype
    @Override
    ^
Note: C:\Users\Gaurang\TestApp\platforms\android\src\com\appfeel\cordova\admob\A
dMobAds.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
12 errors

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug
option to get more log output."

Please help me how to solve this error, and how I can use AdMob and backbutton functionality in the Game .

Thanks in Advance 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

hitesh G. wrote:

I have created the game in Construct 2 using Admob. and also I have created a project in Cordova-CLI. I have changed the index.html in Cordova project and its running fine (working good).but when I am adding Admob Plugin its showing error

How do I show ad and backButton functionality in the game? I have used this plugin

But showing error "  

Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
s.java:64: error: package com.google.android.gms.ads.purchase does not exist
                                          ^
...remainder deleted...

It appears that a dependency for the cordova-admob plugin is not being met. If you follow this search you'll see how and where that plugin depends on the com.google.android.gms.ads library.

I don't understand why you are performing the "cordova plugin add" twice, both add operations refer to the same plugin. The second Cordova plugin add operation is bringing in the git repo version of the plugin. I highly recommend you avoid adding from a git repo directly, unless you know with certainty that the plugin is safe to get from there. Too many developers are sloppy about how they manage their git repos, meaning the repo's default state is usually in a develop mode, so you cannot guarantee what you're going to get when you add from the default branch. That repo, in particular, uses no branches or tags to distinguish specific releases or to separate development from release, meaning it cannot be trusted to be good for adding directly from the repo.

Just use the releases in the npm repository when you want to add a plugin. You can see what versions of a plugin are available by doing the following:

npm show cordova-admob

Which will show you a list of version, like this fragment:

time: 
   { modified: '2016-10-29T09:28:08.074Z',
     created: '2015-09-30T17:01:50.345Z',
     '4.1.1': '2015-09-30T17:01:50.345Z',
     '4.1.2': '2015-09-30T17:12:11.867Z',
     '4.1.3': '2015-09-30T22:14:20.277Z',
     '4.1.4': '2015-09-30T22:21:28.304Z',
     '4.1.5': '2015-09-30T23:25:57.203Z',
     '4.1.6': '2015-10-01T05:59:30.017Z',
     '4.1.7': '2016-03-14T18:09:20.804Z',
     '4.1.9': '2016-04-29T12:13:58.227Z',
     '4.1.10': '2016-04-29T15:54:30.849Z',
     '4.1.11': '2016-05-20T19:12:01.145Z',
     '4.1.12': '2016-10-27T15:38:26.095Z',
     '4.1.13': '2016-10-27T20:44:12.611Z',
     '4.1.14': '2016-10-28T17:37:47.755Z',
     '4.1.15': '2016-10-28T18:22:35.963Z',
     '4.1.16': '2016-10-29T09:28:08.074Z' },

With that information, you can experiment with different versions if you find you are having trouble (not specifying a version results in getting the last published version). For example, if you wanted to try using version 4.1.1 you would do this:

cordova plugin remove cordova-admob
cordova plugin add cordova-admob@4.1.1

Not sure if this helps. Unfortunately, there's not much more I can offer, since it would require understanding what your Cordova CLI setup is and many other details. For further help, I recommend you search the StackOverflow Cordova threads.

0 Kudos
hitesh_G_
Beginner

Thanks a lot, Paul.

0 Kudos