Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel xdk cannot open after installing new upgrade

xkevin
New Contributor I

Today Oct.12, 2016, there is new upgrade available on intel xdk. I downloaded and installed it. Now the software won't open. I attach the error message. 

What would be the possible problem here and how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xkevin
New Contributor I

Ok.. so I got the problem and solution. 

The folder directory of my xdk-wrapper is located in C:\Users\Developer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\xdk-wrapper

And it should be in C:\Users\Developer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk-wrapper

I think there is a problem with the upgrade, because the folder was \xdk\ was duplicated and the software doesn't locate the file or folder. So what I did is I moved the xdk-wrapper outside the xdk folder. then delete the extra xdk folder.

Then the software open up again. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
xkevin
New Contributor I

Ok.. so I got the problem and solution. 

The folder directory of my xdk-wrapper is located in C:\Users\Developer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\xdk-wrapper

And it should be in C:\Users\Developer\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk-wrapper

I think there is a problem with the upgrade, because the folder was \xdk\ was duplicated and the software doesn't locate the file or folder. So what I did is I moved the xdk-wrapper outside the xdk folder. then delete the extra xdk folder.

Then the software open up again. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

xkevin -- thanks for that feedback, I've forwarded the info to the appropriate engineers

0 Kudos
Frungh_B_
Beginner

xkevin thanks for sharing this solution it solved the problem for me too. I just want to point out that I am using a (just updated) windows 10 machine and my directory after the xdk update had 3 XDK folders in line.

...\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\XDK\XDK\xdk-wrapper

I removed just one as mentioned and it looks like ...\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\XDK\xdk-wrapper so I am worry about further consequences.

Paul, do you think is better to download directly from the link as you mention here https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/699456 or just keep using it as it is working now.  What would be the most stable solution, any new comments from the engineers?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Engineering is working on the Windows update problems. The solution that xkevin provided should be fine. However, if you are feeling uncertain, the simplest thing to do is download the installer from xdk.intel.com and install again. You do not need to uninstall, the installation process is not incremental, it does a complete reinstall. I've installed many times on top of an existing or previous version without any issues.

0 Kudos
anis_c_
Beginner

Thank you xkevin, just had to delete the duplicate XDK folder and move every thing out ( there is more than the xdk-wrapper inside the folder)

and thank you Intel for the updates 

0 Kudos
xkevin
New Contributor I

Your welcome Anis, Hoping to fix this issue on the next update of Intel.

0 Kudos
Vicente_Fernandez

Hi,

I found the same problem but an more  XDK directories.

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\XDK\xdk\xdk-wrapper

Thanks for all the contributions

0 Kudos