Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel® xdk exporting a very slow app

Parven_S_
Beginner
Hello.. I am sarath singh...and i got a task from my boss..to make a simple app for oir travel agency.. So intel® xdk is the best platform to make powerful cross platform apps.. I used intel xdk for making that app..i created the app using bootstrap framework..nd cordova..but after building the main structure nd basic functions..i gone for real device testing..there was aproblem...app runs perfect on intel xdk's emulators..but in real device it is too muchslow... I used Asus zenfone 5 Nokia lumia 630 Apple iphone 6s.. N.b no server side or over network resources is included with that app.. Please help me to solve that problem or i will lose my job..thank you..
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Parven_S_
Beginner

i am sorry but why i don't get any answers..thank in advance

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sarah -- we do not work full time on the forum. We have many other responsibilities, in addition to the forum, it is not covered 24/7.

I recommend you create a sample project using the "hello cordova" app to confirm that you can build and run your app on your test devices, and confirm that things work correctly on those devices. If that works properly, make sure that you have checked the "optimize with Crosswalk" box when you build your app and be sure that you install the proper architecture for your devices. See this note regarding using CPU-Z (CPU-X also works) for identifying whether each device uses an x86 or ARM processor:

For your Crosswalk application on Android you may:

• Submit the application to the Android Marketplace.
    NOTE:  Follow this guide for submitting both APKs to Google Play.
  • If you are reading this email on an Android device, you may be able to download and install directly using the appropriate link above if you have enabled installation from unknown sources on your device. Be sure to download and install the APK that matches the processor architecture of your device. If you are unsure of your device's processor architecture, install and run the free CPU-Z application from the Android Play Store (see the "Kernel Architecture" field on the "System" tab).

If the above does not help, it is very likely that you've done something in your app that is causing the slow operations. You may have to use the Debug tab with remote CDT to figure out what is causing the slowdown.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

p.s. I believe your Asus Zenfone 5 is an x86 phone, not an ARM phone, so if you did build for Crosswalk you need to install the x86 APK, not the ARM APK. Check it using CPU-Z to be certain, I do not have access to a Zenfone 5.

0 Kudos
Parven_S_
Beginner
Im sorry paul..but hello cordova works well..buylt that app i created that is still slow...idont why...but also installed x86 architecture apk for zenphone 5..still slow..nd what about other devices..why the app runs slow on other devices(which i provided in question) for ur information..i also installed crosswalk runtime from voogle play..the problem exist...app runs very slow...what to do next...
0 Kudos
Parven_S_
Beginner

one more question paul..i'm using cordova cli version 6.1 is there r any problem..then pls let me know..thanks in advance..nd the apps is running slow in every device...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

If the above does not help, it is very likely that you've done something in your app that is causing the slow operations. You may have to use the Debug tab with remote CDT to figure out what is causing the slowdown.

Given that the app is slow on all platforms, I highly suspect it has something to do with the way you wrote your app.

0 Kudos
Parven_S_
Beginner

may i give my project files..?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I recommend you use the Debug tab or remote Chrome DevTools and a USB-connected Android device to use the CDT profiling tools and the JavaScript debugger to understand what it is going on. The best debugger is the person who knows the code.

0 Kudos