Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Invalid License File Error Received

Geoff_Perrott
Beginner
I recently purchased the Intel Compiler Suite Professional Edition for Linux. I received the e-mail containing the serial number and proceeded to the website to register and download the license file. I am installing the compilers on a computer without Internet access with an older version of the compiler that I have available, 10.1.018.

The fortran compiler installed fine with the provided license file, however while trying to install the C++ compiler I receive an Invalid License File error.

The process for install is as follows: From the directory where the install.sh script lives I type:
> ./install.sh
When prompted to, "Please make your selection by entering an option" I select option 3, "Install as current user"
I then receive the Welcome to the Intel C++ Compiler 10.1.018 for Linux Installation banner
and select option 1. "INSTALL"
The next prompt is to install via the serial # or the license file location.
I select Option 2, "Provide absolute path for an existing license file"
The next prompt is to provide the license file: I select 1, "Provide the license file name with full path file and enter the full /
I then receive Invalid License File, Press to continue, and am again prompted to provide license file

I assume the license file isgood because the fortran compiler installed successfully.
Is the current license file (downloaded 2 days ago) valid for a version 10.1.018 C++ compiler?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Geoff Perrott
I recently purchased the Intel Compiler Suite Professional Edition for Linux. I received the e-mail containing the serial number and proceeded to the website to register and download the license file. I am installing the compilers on a computer without Internet access with an older version of the compiler that I have available, 10.1.018.

The fortran compiler installed fine with the provided license file, however while trying to install the C++ compiler I receive an Invalid License File error.

The process for install is as follows: From the directory where the install.sh script lives I type:
> ./install.sh
When prompted to, "Please make your selection by entering an option" I select option 3, "Install as current user"
I then receive the Welcome to the Intel C++ Compiler 10.1.018 for Linux Installation banner
and select option 1. "INSTALL"
The next prompt is to install via the serial # or the license file location.
I select Option 2, "Provide absolute path for an existing license file"
The next prompt is to provide the license file: I select 1, "Provide the license file name with full path file and enter the full /
I then receive Invalid License File, Press to continue, and am again prompted to provide license file

I assume the license file isgood because the fortran compiler installed successfully.
Is the current license file (downloaded 2 days ago) valid for a version 10.1.018 C++ compiler?

Greetings,

Good Morning.

Please set environment variable INTEL_LMD_DEBUG to 1 and then start the install. Please cut and paste the messages you see in here. Replace the serial number in license file name by XXXX.

//If you want this thread to be made private, let me know.

Thanks
Shamla
0 Kudos
Geoff_Perrott
Beginner
Quoting - Shamla (Intel)

Greetings,

Good Morning.

Please set environment variable INTEL_LMD_DEBUG to 1 and then start the install. Please cut and paste the messages you see in here. Replace the serial number in license file name by XXXX.

//If you want this thread to be made private, let me know.

Thanks
Shamla

I found a typo in the license file. Once corrected the install completed successfully.
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Geoff Perrott

I found a typo in the license file. Once corrected the install completed successfully.

That is a good news. Did setting the DEBUG flag help you identify the same?

Shamla
0 Kudos