Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Invoke ACPI methods

flone_sa
Beginner
Hello,

I'm currently trying to understand at least a minimum how ACPI works. After unsuccessful googling about how to invoke ACPI methods, i'm begging some help here.

So, here are my wonderings :
1. Are the ACPI registers (i.e PM1a_CNT) all accessible via PIO ? If there are some in MMIO? In that case, how can i know if they can be accessed via MMIO or PIO ?
2. How can i call an ACPI method (like \_OSI for example) ? Has anyone a C sample program with the invocation of an ACPI method ?
3. Do you have any references (easy to understand) that i can read to implement a driver that uses ACPI ?

Thanks a lot.

Fernand
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gina_H_Intel
Employee
Quoting - flone_sa
Hello,

I'm currently trying to understand at least a minimum how ACPI works. After unsuccessful googling about how to invoke ACPI methods, i'm begging some help here.

So, here are my wonderings :
1. Are the ACPI registers (i.e PM1a_CNT) all accessible via PIO ? If there are some in MMIO? In that case, how can i know if they can be accessed via MMIO or PIO ?
2. How can i call an ACPI method (like _OSI for example) ? Has anyone a C sample program with the invocation of an ACPI method ?
3. Do you have any references (easy to understand) that i can read to implement a driver that uses ACPI ?

Thanks a lot.

Fernand

Hello Fernand,

There is some ACPI information on www.intel.com at http://www.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/. This page in turn leads to the ACPI web site, where you may be able to find more information.

Regards,

Gina H.
Intel Software Network Support
0 Kudos