Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Ionic radio-buttons-group not working properly

Jason_M_1
Beginner

Hi, it seems that the Ionic radio button group does not work properly.

Specifically, the Ionic radio buttons in a radio button group are not mutually exclusive, as one would expect, and as it is for all other frameworks (actually it's how plain HTML work too..). Also, you can't uncheck a checked radio button.

Is this a known bug?

Hope to see an answer soon.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

For the Ionic Radio buttons you need to turn on the "Name" property and set a name. Each of the radio buttons that is supposed to be in the same group is supposed to have the same name. So you'll have to do it for each radio button

I had thought we initialized that for you at one point, but maybe I'm mistaken.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

For the Ionic Radio buttons you need to turn on the "Name" property and set a name. Each of the radio buttons that is supposed to be in the same group is supposed to have the same name. So you'll have to do it for each radio button

I had thought we initialized that for you at one point, but maybe I'm mistaken.  

0 Kudos
Jason_M_1
Beginner

Thanks, it works now.

So it seems that groups of radio buttons never get initialized the way you say.

It's also broken in the framework preview, the one you see when selecting a framework to work with.

Please fix this asap...  I am a bit scared of facing other similar issues that will require me to do something I could never know about before time.

Hopefully not!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Geoff_at_CFM
Beginner

Thanks Chris,

I am having a similar issue with the Slider control not working at all with ionic framework.

Do you have any tips for that, or is it dead?

0 Kudos