Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Is the Multicore linux scheduler for ARM

coolsandyforyou
Beginner
Hi ,

I have been searching for the multicore scheduler support for ARM, in linux kernel.

CONFIG_SCHED_MC, CONFIG_SMP are there for x86..what about ARM ? will the same configs do the job...

please tell me...

thanking you..
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Quoc-Thai_L_Intel
Hi,

I am not the expert in this area but I would recomend you to check into Meego where it is a Linux OS to support across platforms with multicores.

If you can your findings with Meego, please share yourinput here.

Thanks,

-Thai
0 Kudos
coolsandyforyou
Beginner
I dint check it ...but i found another link http:// kernel.xc.net/

This gives the configration options for all kernel versions across all platforms..
0 Kudos
marshalsinghintel
The program of talks and BOFs of the 2010 edition of the Embedded Linux Conference has been published a few days ago, an opportunity to look at the most important and interesting conference for embedded Linux developers. For the record, ELC 2010 will take place from April, 12th to April, 14th in San Francisco, CA, USA, in the same place as the 2009 edition.

It includes :

A talk by Grant Likely about Flattened Device Tree ARM support update, an effort to convert the ARM architecture to the same organization used in PowerPC, with a device tree file describing the hardware details instead of platform_device definitions in plain C. An important change for anyone doing ARM kernel development.

This could be helpful.
0 Kudos
christing
Beginner
I do not think so .
0 Kudos