Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Is upgrading from VTune 9.0 to 9.1 free?

dave_matsumoto
Beginner
I purchased VTune 9.0 a little over a year ago, but never downloaded it, nor registered it. I have a completely new, unused registration key. I have a couple of questions about this:

1. With my 9.0 registration, will I be eligible to download the 9.1 version for free?
2. If I want to sell my registration key (e.g. on eBay), is this allowed? What do I legally need to say in my auction, other than give instructions on registering the software online and accessing the registration center? If the answer to #1 above is yes, can I sell my registration as a 9.1 license?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - dave.matsumoto
I purchased VTune 9.0 a little over a year ago, but never downloaded it, nor registered it. I have a completely new, unused registration key. I have a couple of questions about this:

1. With my 9.0 registration, will I be eligible to download the 9.1 version for free?
2. If I want to sell my registration key (e.g. on eBay), is this allowed? What do I legally need to say in my auction, other than give instructions on registering the software online and accessing the registration center? If the answer to #1 above is yes, can I sell my registration as a 9.1 license?

Thank you!

Greetings,

1) If you have purchased a single user serial number then your support services will expire in one year from the registration date or license activation date. (activation date is when you install the product ). Any updates or new versions available before the support services expiry date will be available to you using this serial number or the associated license file.

2) When an user registers or activates a serial number the user needs to agree to an End User License Agreement. You can view the same at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-products-license-agreement/

Once you have registered or activated a serial number, you need to make sure you are not violating the end user license agreement.

You can approach the reseller to check, if it can be returned.

I can check with the legal team , on rest of your Question 2.

Thank You
Shamla

0 Kudos
dave_matsumoto
Beginner
Quoting - Shamla (Intel)

Greetings,

1) If you have purchased a single user serial number then your support services will expire in one year from the registration date or license activation date. (activation date is when you install the product ). Any updates or new versions available before the support services expiry date will be available to you using this serial number or the associated license file.

2) When an user registers or activates a serial number the user needs to agree to an End User License Agreement. You can view the same at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-products-license-agreement/

Once you have registered or activated a serial number, you need to make sure you are not violating the end user license agreement.

Thank You
Shamla

Thank you! If you can double check on #2, that would be great. However, since I've never used the registration key, the person I end up selling the license to would be the first and only user of the software, so I can't imagine that this would be in violation of any agreement.
0 Kudos
dave_matsumoto
Beginner
Quoting - Shamla (Intel)

Greetings,

Thank You
Shamla

Hi Shamla, by any chance have you heard back from your legal department about my case? To reiterate my question, I have a license key for VTune 9.0 and would like to sell it. It hasn't even been registered yet.

Thanks,
Dave
0 Kudos
Lina_L_Intel
Employee
Quoting - dave.matsumoto

Hi Shamla, by any chance have you heard back from your legal department about my case? To reiterate my question, I have a license key for VTune 9.0 and would like to sell it. It hasn't even been registered yet.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,
We are sorry, but Shamla is on sick leave now.
Let me contact the approriate team to assist you.
I will give you the update once I have the reply.
Sorry for your waiting.

Lina
0 Kudos
dave_matsumoto
Beginner

Hi Dave,
We are sorry, but Shamla is on sick leave now.
Let me contact the approriate team to assist you.
I will give you the update once I have the reply.
Sorry for your waiting.

Lina

Thank you for your response! I hope Shamla feels better soon.
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Greetings Dave,

You can sell the product and the versions or updates available depends on when the user registers the serial number. All the versions or updates are available for free for one year from the date of registration or activation (ie installing the product) of this commercial serial number.

Thank You
Shamla

0 Kudos
dave_matsumoto
Beginner
Quoting - Shamla (Intel)
Greetings Dave,

You can sell the product and the versions or updates available depends on when the user registers the serial number. All the versions or updates are available for free for one year from the date of registration or activation (ie installing the product) of this commercial serial number.

Thank You
Shamla

That is great news -- thank you!
0 Kudos