Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Issue opening Intel XDK ... any project

Marcondes__Marcos

Hello,

I start the Intel XDK and choose any project and it closes automatically with the logs attached on this ticket

What is wrong and what I need to do ?

Marcos
www.conteudoanimal.com.br

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Marcos -- it appears that your projects are trying to open a bower.json file that is not present in the project. This could happen if the Bower feature in the project has been enabled but your project has not been configured for Bower. Here's the message I'm looking at:

message: 'An error ocurred while trying to check for the file "C:/Users/marcos/Desktop/app/CarolZerbini2/bower.json".', originalMessage: 'NotFound',

One way to try fixing this would be to add a file like this to the root folder in your project, then open the project in the XDK to see if that helps:

{
  "name": "my-project-name",
  "dependencies": {
    "ua-parser-js": "0.7.10"
  }
}

Change the "my-project-name" part to match the name of your project inside your bower.json file.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Only thing that confuses me about this is that when I remove the bower.json file from a test project, I can still open the XDK and view the project, it just "disables" the bower feature in that project.

Are you able to submit a crash log, or does the XDK crash before you can do that?

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

I could submit the crash log and added my email for feedback

I dont have any bower.json file on any of my projects

How to disable this

Maybe some issue from 3400 to 3491 upgrade ....

Any other idea ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Marcos -- did you add a bower.json file as I recommended? I think it might help to get around the issue. Try this bower.json file:

{
  "name": "CarolZerbini2",
  "dependencies": {}
}

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Paul,

I lost any hope kkkkk

I will uninstalled and reinstalled ....

Crossed fingers

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Paul,

Not sure what happened but seems up and running and compiling :-)

thanks a lot

but not sure what and if it is resolved kkk

Marcos
www.conteudoanimal.com.br

0 Kudos