Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Issue with current release

Stephen_O_
Beginner

Hello folks.

I came across a number of issues with release of XDK developing a mobile app using the jquery mobile framework. Yesterday after using the GUI to drag and drop an input and give it solely an id and set type to hidden the program crashed (to an extent) in that the window in the brackets editor became empty when I clicked back into the designer I was brought to the same page you select a framework from . All my work had simply disappeared up and into the ether. the index.html file was at 0KB. No other files were affected my scriupt files etc were still visible in xdk, xdk was still functioning. just the index.html file that was open in the designer.

I was able to recover my data however this is a potentially very serious glitch and I think it needs to be brought to your attention. On a less serious note, but equally a bug, the jquery function activate_page which is generated by the designer is not working either I've had to patch it with $.mobile.changePage. However this is quite irritating and I also feel should be brought to your attention. I'm curious if there is anyone who has had any similar issues?

Cheers

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Stephen,

We have had rare reports of the issue you have mentioned and yes it's a serious glitch, and it's really hard to reproduce on our end. I think the engineering has narrowed down the issue but not completely. If you can tell us the steps prior to the index.html wipe out, I would really appreciate. That will help us find a fix. I wonder how you were able to recover the data. Appreciate your input on this. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

On a side note, we have released a new version of Intel XDK today, you may want to upgrade.

0 Kudos
Stephen_O_
Beginner

Hello, yes sorry I actually just noticed the update there now! :)

I'm sorry but when I said I recovered the data I meant from a backup I had made a few days previously, thankfully I didn't actually lose much actual work. As regards exactly what I had been doing:

Using brackets to edit javascript file

switched to index.html in brackets

Noticed a missing hidden input field

Switched to design mode.

Selected relevant page

Selected input from side menu and dragged into second row.

Unchecked Label

Unchecked placeholder

Edited id

set type to hidden

removed d-margins class attribute.

Clicked code was brought back to the brackets editor with an empty page and no data.

Ctrl-z - No effect

clicked design

The grey window with select framework appeared as if starting a new project, all menus trees etc were blank.

Directory tree on far left was still intact still showing the working files, the data in the other files open in brackets was unaltered and still accessible through brackets.

Thanks for your timely response.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Thanks! I'll try to reproduce and also pass onto App Designer Engineer. Will update you when we find something.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Oh BTW, what platform are you using Intel XDK on? Mac/Windows/Linux?

0 Kudos
Rob_H_1
Beginner

Confirmed issue #1.

About 3 days ago during first 12 hours of use when I first started with xdk.

Version prior to 3088 / Ubuntu 15.10

Obviously wasn't doing anything major.

0 Kudos