Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Latest OpenCL driver for Xeon Phi?

RN1
New Contributor I

I need to install the latest OpenCL driver/runtime for my 7120P Xeon Phi.

I have been struggling in the web with no luck. In this page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers the Xeon Phi drivers are deprecated (runtime 14 being the "latest"?).

I am looking for the latest driver, expecting to be the fastest and more optimal, because I need to compare its performance against some GPUs. Where can I find the drivers? So far I installed Intel SDK for Apps 2017 but it just recognizes (again) the CPU, not the Phi.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JJK
New Contributor III

you're on the right page ; at the bottom of the page you can find the 14.2 driver "OpenCL™ Runtime Driver for Intel® CPU and Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors for Linux* (64-bit)"   which contains the latest OpenCL driver that support the MIC. Performance will not compare to AMD or NVidia GPUs however.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JJK
New Contributor III

you're on the right page ; at the bottom of the page you can find the 14.2 driver "OpenCL™ Runtime Driver for Intel® CPU and Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors for Linux* (64-bit)"   which contains the latest OpenCL driver that support the MIC. Performance will not compare to AMD or NVidia GPUs however.

0 Kudos
RN1
New Contributor I

Thanks JJK.

A pitty that it is the latest one from 2014.

0 Kudos
Cox__Joe
Beginner

Hi RN.  I am quite a newbie with openCL and Phi.  Did you ever get a resolution to the SDK not recognizing the PHI.

We are having the same issue and I have tried both the 207 version as well as 14.2

with no luck.  Card is a SC7120P.  Thanks.

0 Kudos