Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Launch Icons and Splash screens

Yuri_W_
Beginner

Hi. 

I just started using Intel SDK. I'm trying to build a game app, but in the 'Launch Icons and Splash Screens' category, it is impossible to upload images. 

It keeps prompting me this message "Icons and splash screens must be located within the project source directory. Copy your icons and splash screens into the source directory first if necessary." 

My images are all in the project source directory folder - I do not understand the problem here. I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but help, please. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

I just checked it works as long as the splashscreens are located in your source directory (location of index.html)

If this is not working can you post directory structure of your project?

0 Kudos
Yuri_W_
Beginner

It works now. Thanks

0 Kudos
RafaOr
Beginner

I have that problem, I upload JPG PNG icons and splash, but when I compile for IOS images that returns me are empty, these image files are in the root where the index.php. Someone can help me leaving all my splash screen and icons in my project IOS? Thank You

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi Adan,

We have a forum for Intel XDK I am moving this thread there so you can more readily get the assistance you need.

-Michael

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You can not open the ipa we build for you and examine the images. Search google, this is builds work. You can install the ipa or submit it to the store and the icons will be correct.

0 Kudos
Smith__J
Beginner

I am also having a problem uploading the icons and splash screens. The png images are in the root directory (www folder)

I successfully got the icons and splash screens uploaded onto one app, but the next app, they will not upload, I keep getting a broken image, and they are not on the apk. Now, on the splash screens for Android, I am not getting the upload file button, so I can't even try again.

I have changed the names of the icons, opened and closed the program. I feel like it needs to be refreshed somehow. What can I do? Is there a way to start over?

P.S. I successfully uploaded the icons on another app. So, the first one OK, the 2nd one got screwed up, the 3rd one OK. So it's just this one project.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you create a 4th project and try using the same icons? If it works, just delete the second project :)

If that does not work, can you zip/attach the images you are having issues with?

0 Kudos
Serge_v_
Beginner

And what is really annoying: I linked in another folder as www filder in my XDK project (ln -s <otherfolder> www), and then Intel XDK always complains about the icons, even if they are in the root of www. But why do the icons need to be in the www folder? They are not part of the web embedded app, they are part od resources belonging to the host application. It is possible to replace the www folder within the host application. This does not make sense.

0 Kudos
Serge_v_
Beginner

And another bug: If you point the source directory to another folder, it is possible to select an icon in that folder, but it is displayed as a broken link in the icon overview screen.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Serge -- we are already working on a change to the project and build system that will allow for storing the icons and splash screens outside of the www directory. Until that is deployed, they MUST be located within the www directory.

0 Kudos