Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Live Layout Editing Problem : Browser options disappeard

Ozgur_O_
Beginner

Hi all,

When i installed the new upgrade ( 2015 April 14 v1912 ) browser preview options were disappeard. Then i reinstalled the XDK but nothing has changed. Is this option outdated? Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hans_W_Intel
Employee

Sorry this was not included in our release notes for the April release.  We have it included in the release notes for our May release which occurred yesterday.

Live Layout Editing (aka live preview) in Google Chrome* or Mozillia Firefox* browsers is allowed for Standard HTML5 project types, but is not allowed for HTML5+Cordova project types. This change allows the Intel XDK to improve browser Live Layout Editing support for Standard HTML5 app projects.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hans_W_Intel
Employee

Sorry this was not included in our release notes for the April release.  We have it included in the release notes for our May release which occurred yesterday.

Live Layout Editing (aka live preview) in Google Chrome* or Mozillia Firefox* browsers is allowed for Standard HTML5 project types, but is not allowed for HTML5+Cordova project types. This change allows the Intel XDK to improve browser Live Layout Editing support for Standard HTML5 app projects.

0 Kudos
Ozgur_O_
Beginner

Thanks for your response Hans.

In my opinion, it'd be better to keep this option for HTML5+Cordova project types. Because when i work with a web service i get this error :

Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, chrome-extension-resource.

it's beacuse i cannot use live preview using localhost. Instead im trying to preview the index.html via windows directory browsing. Now i'll try to host my project on IIS. I hope it'd work.

Anyway. I'm pretty sure you know what you're doing :)

0 Kudos
James_R_4
Beginner

Has this been fixed? I also can not get any browsers to show up as options under live layout editing on XDK. I am using HTML5. I am very frustrated with this. Anything to do with firewall, path to browser, or a setting of the path through regedit? Tried everything, nothing works. Have both Chrome and Firefox downloaded latest versions on a new computer.

Thanks for any suggestions

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can only see the browsers as live layout targets if you are building an HTML5 app. If your app is an HTML5+Cordova app you will not see the browsers as an option. You can, however, download Brackets and use their "Live Preview" feature. Live Layout in the XDK is built on top of that feature of Brackets.

0 Kudos