Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

MKL for older versions of macOS

igor_c_1
Beginner

Hello - 

I would like to install MKL on mac OS X Yosemite (v 10.10.5) but it seems the only versions of MKL available for download are for macOS greater than 10.10. Is there any way I could access older versions of MKL?

Many thanks

- Igor   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Igor,

Thanks for contacting Intel Support.

I looked you up in our database. It looks like you own an unexpired evaluation copy of Parallel Studio and a free community license for the Performance Libraries. While the free libraries do not grant access to older versions, MKL is a component of Parallel Studio, so you should be able to download an older copy of MKL as a component of Parallel Studio.

Go to the Intel Registration Center. You will see a list of your products. Click on Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran macOS*. This will take you to a page with a list of components. Find the Math Kernel Library in this list and hit the orange "Download" button next to it. This will take you to a page where you can select a version from a dropdown. When you select a version from the dropdown, the "Release Notes" link will automatically update so that if you click it, you'll go to the release notes of the specified version, where you can check system requirements. I just checked and it looks like 11.3 supports OSX 10.10.

I also noticed that your email address is associated with a university. Are you a student, or using these tools to educate students? While evaluation copies of our products only last 30 days before they stop working, students and educators may qualify for a free license which lasts a full year and grants access to older versions of a product. If you qualify, you may consider signing up for a student license of Parallel Studio.

- Alex

0 Kudos
igor_c_1
Beginner

Hi Alex -

Many thanks for your help, seems like it's getting there.

No I am not a student but I assume I wouldn't need the compiler as the non-commercial license should (hopefully) be enough for MKL only.

Regards

- Igor 

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

"I assume I wouldn't need the compiler as the non-commercial license should (hopefully) be enough for MKL only."

Just to reiterate: your Free Community License for the Performance Libraries will only grant you access to the most recent version of MKL. You will not be able to download older versions using that license.

Your Evaluation License for Parallel Studio, which includes the Compiler, includes MKL and does grant access to older versions. But, evaluation licenses expire after 30 days. Student and Educator licenses last longer, but if you don't qualify, they're not relevant.

So you will need Parallel Studio (it is also in System Studio but that is not available for Mac OS X) to get older versions of MKL. For now, your evaluation copy will work.

Has this answered your question?

- Alex

0 Kudos
igor_c_1
Beginner

Hi Alex -

Yes thank you very much. 

- Igor

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Very well, since your question has been answered I will close this thread.

If you have a similar question please start a new thread so we can get to you in a timely and efficient manner.

- Alex

0 Kudos