Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Macro's to change project settings

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I want to create some macro's which will simplify adding libraries (consisting of modules) to my workspace. As is, I
1) insert the .DSP file of the library into the workspace
2) reset the main DSP to "Active project" (bug in Visual Studio?)
3) make the main DSP dependent on the library DSP (project/dependencies)
4) add the (relative) include path of the library to the main project's include path (both Debug and Release)

Especially the last item is a real drag when I want to add several libraries to my workspace. So let's be smart and write a macro for all this, I thought. However, when I simply record my actions into a macro (ToolsMacroRecord), only very little is actually recorded. (Only inserting of the DSP file.) Are there any VB commands which can achieve what I want to do? And why is almost nothing recorded? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk-Jan
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Would you not be better off adding libraries from Visual Studio's Project Settings Link, insert the name of the library in the Object/library modules box - eg 'userlib.lib' and then go to Tools Options Directories Library Files and insert the address of your library files in the Directories box - eg 'D:Lib' ?

If you keep your libraries at one address, you anly have to do the latter step once.

Bear of little brain
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Yes, I could do that, but don't want to. The thing is that I want my DSW+DSP's to describe the whole project, so I can distribute it and others can build it. When I change settings in the ToolsOptionsDirectories tab others must add the paths as well. Also they don't have to be the same for each user. Another problem is that working with multiple versions of the same library (this happens often in larger projects) is also problematic with fixed include and library paths. I want them to be different for different DSP's.
0 Kudos