Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Major problem with version 2673 adding content in designer

Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

I have a project that I have been working on for ages.

I need to add a new page.

The new page creates fine, I can add a header and a title, but after that none of my other pages a selectable.

I have mainpage and pages 1 to 5 and clicking any of them in designer will not show the relevant page.

When running the app the underlying code is also broken as the buttons that did work from the main page no longer function.

You will also see that when I run the App in Emulator the style of my pages have also changed.

It is a repeatable error and I have recorded a screen grab movie of the problem.

I do not wish to publish the movie for general viewing so if someone from Intel could PM me I will post a link to the movie so you can see what is happening. 

Restarting XDK and Reloading the Project does not fix the problem

I will Also post a link to the XDK project.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I have escalated your issue to the Intel XDK App Designer team. Can you PM the video to me?

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

I have PM'd you with the details.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Hey Nick,

Your issue is that while your app is an App Framework 2 application, our latest update included App Framework 3. Your .html fileshould remain as an App Framework 2 project until you tell it to change, but for some reason it's converting it without asking/telling you much of anything. 

Your project has reference to both AF2 and AF3, so I'm working to see if we can get a fix (outside of just working on the code manually) to get your back to AF2 proper. I'll post here once I find the solution.

Brian

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Alright. I have a fix that will get your app working the way it should until we get the fix for this bug out. In the head tag of your index.html file, you'll find references to these three files:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="app_framework/3.0/af.ui.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="app_framework/3.0/icons.min.css">
<script type="application/javascript" src="app_framework/3.0/appframework.ui.min.js"></script>

Delete these three lines and your app will look and behave how it did before. Unfortunately, if you drag out another widget it will reinsert all the references to AF3, breaking your app again. This is why any new buttons you've dragged out don't work as expected; they're App Framework 3 buttons. So until the fix is out, unfortunately, you're out of luck. No word on when it will be released, but I assure you we're on it and working to get it out ASAP.

Brian

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Thanks Brian.

I need to update this app urgently, deadline Friday,  so if I continue the design process and make sure I delete these lines each time, does that mean I should be OK to carry on for now.

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi Uwe

I agree it is not a solution. I have urgently to get my project updated today so have had to resort to hand coding rather than drag and drop objects in designer.

Need this fix ASAP.

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Nick F. wrote:

Thanks Brian.

I need to update this app urgently, deadline Friday,  so if I continue the design process and make sure I delete these lines each time, does that mean I should be OK to carry on for now.

Yes and no. Most widgets maintain the same structure between AF2 and AF3, so just deleting those lines over and over again would work as you drag the widgets out. But some are not, so the structure and functionality are different (for example, the header is very different), meaning when you drag them out they won't behave as AF2 widgets when you delete those lines.

I agree it's not a real solution, and apologize for such. We have a solution that we're testing and working to get it out ASAP. Coding by hand will also work, just make sure to create a unique uib_w_# class for each widget you copy. This way you can edit them as you would normally with App Designer if you want. Without the unique id #, you run the risk of clashing widget ids, which could cause other issues. If you don't intend to edit them in App Designer, you can leave them out.

0 Kudos
Bhavya_A_
Beginner

Hey,

I have upgraded my intelXDK to the latest version available. After my update my application is not working . The onclick event of the button is not invoking the functions , which was working fine in the previous version of intel XDK. Please help me with this issue . Any help will be highly appreciated .

Thanks,

Bhavya 

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Good news!

The hotfix has been pushed and you should get alerted about it within the XDK within the next 24 hours. If you would like the update sooner, you can grab it from xdk.intel.com. Release notes here.

It should be version 2727. You'll need to remove the references to AF3 as I posted above. But once you're back on AF2 you should remain there now. Thanks everyone for your patience, and let us know if you run into any more issues.

Thanks,
Brian

0 Kudos