Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Minimal requirements

Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to be able to program for MIC using MKL, TBB and C++.

As I have a renewable MKL license and I can buy the C++ compiler separately, my question is if it would be sufficient to only buy the new c++ compiler and renew MKL (and use the TBB free distribution) for my needs.

Thank you in advance,

Petros

PS: I understand that Parallel C++ XE would be a much better environment, but right now I am looking for a bare bones solution..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Loc_N_Intel
Employee
Hi Mamales, If you just buy the new C++ compiler only, you need to make sure that C++ compiler version still support with the MKL and TBB versions you have if you plan to use them.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Intel C++ includes a current MKL and TBB.
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner
Hi TimP, Do you mean the Composer XE 2013 ? Thank you for the help, Petros PS:Loc-Nguyen thank you for the help
0 Kudos
David_M_Intel3
Employee
Petros, Tim Prince is correct. Intel Composer XE 2013 includes Intel(r) MKL, Intel(r) TBB, Intel(r) IPP, OpenMP* as well as Intel(r) Cilk Plus. It is all included.
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner
Thank you David. However this is still a considerable sum of money and since I have a renewable mkl and tbb from the free distribution, I would only need the compiler. Was hoping that there would be an option to work this through by just buying the compiler and renewing mkl. So I guess my questions were really the following - apologies for possibly not having being clear: a) would this work ? i.e. a renewed mkl, a free tbb and a new c++ compiler? b) -from what seems to be, increasingly, the case- can I buy the C++ compiler as a stand-alone ? I guess only a) would be relevant for this forum.. Thank you for your help , Petros
0 Kudos