Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Minimum Android API not respected? (Crosswalk)

Toby_R
New Contributor I

Hi,

Does anyone else have a problem with Mninimum Android API setting? I have it set up to 19 (4.4 KitKat) and Target Api to 21. However when I send my app to Google Play for alpha/beta testing, on my app page on Google Play states that the minimum requirement is Android 4.0.

My game is pretty resource consuming so I want to publish it only for stronger devices. Releasing it for devices with Andoid 4.0-4.3 is not acceptable for me.

I really got stuck here. Does anyone have noticed simillar issue?

ps. I use the newest IntelXDK, Crosswalk 15.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Tobias -- I thought of a possible interim solution for your Crosswalk build. Send me the ENTIRE project directory in a ZIP file (either via private message attachment or a link to a dropbox). I can build with CLI 5.4.1+ and CW16 on our staging server (sorry, there's no way to get you direct access to the staging build system) and send back to you an APK for you to test and insure runs properly. If that works, I can rebuild a second time, but as an unsigned app, so that you can sign it manually, using your keystore from your account, and submit that app to the store.

I'll send you a PM as well.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Tobias -- the production build servers have been updated so the minSdkVersion value is now honored for CLI 5.1.1 Crosswalk builds. There was a bug in the Crosswalk plugin that was being used to perform those builds. It has been updated to a newer version to resolve that issue. That newer version is also part of our next release, so this issue should not reoccur.

0 Kudos
Toby_R
New Contributor I

Hi Paul, I'm afraid it still doesn't work. I have just built new APK. Decompiled it with apktool and there is still nothing mentioned in the AndroidManifest.xml regarding min nor target sdk.

Also I managed to upload new build to Google Play. Since minSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion were not honored, Cordova set minSdk to 14 and targetSdk to 23 by default. If the new APK was min=19 and target=21 (as I have set in IntelXDK) then Google would not allow me to update my game, because it is not allowed to change targetSdk to lower version.

Do I need do some update on my side as well?

0 Kudos
Toby_R
New Contributor I

Game just got published on google and minSdk is set to 4.4 so it works great! Thanks for the fix. Strange thing I couldn't see it after decompiling. Can you confirm that targetSdk is also honored? Or target was honored all the time?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Tobias -- the targetSdkVersion was always working, it was just the minSdkVersion that was broken (because the Crosswalk project code was overriding it to guarantee that it was always set to Android 4.0, but their logic failed to confirm that it was already set to an appropriate value, thus the reason for having to update that portion of the Crosswalk code in our build system).

0 Kudos