Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Missing mpi option for blacs in intel MKL and Parallel Studio XE Composer Fortran 2017

Marcos_V_1
New Contributor I

Hello,

I got a license renewal for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran OS X* for year 2017. I downloaded the software and on the install GUI and I can't select the cluster tools for MKL. I have them installed in my 2016 Parallel studio, so it is not clear to me why I can't access these on the 2017 version.

I get the license through my employer, and as far as I could tell I got the same package as what I had for 2016.

Thank you for you help,

Marcos

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Marcos_V_1
New Contributor I

Well, I found the problem. I had originally installed version 2017 without the cluster options for MKL. For some reason the GUI for the parallel studio 2017 update was not allowing for clicking this option afterwards. So I uninstalled and re-installed Parallel Studio XE and got the option again. Problem solved, it seems.

0 Kudos
James_S
Employee

Hi Marcos,

Thank you for your post and I am glad to hear that you have solved it by yourself. If you have further questions, please be sure to check out our knowledge base and/or post another question in our forums. We are making continuous improvements to these sites to better support our customers.

Thank you.

--

Zhuowei Si

Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools

0 Kudos