Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Mouse control

Prasenjit_B_
Beginner
Hi, I am building a web application where user will be able to control navigation without touching the mouse,user will be able to click on a hyperlink or grab a element on the web page. If I buy the Intel Realsence 3D camera then how i will be able to do that.There will be any default functionality will exist there in the Realsence SDK or i have develop the application.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I remembered that other people had talked about the same thing that you are trying to do.  After some Googling, I found out that the feature is called the Touchless Controller.  Here's the text from the manual's entry about it.

The touchless controller module allows you to use hand gestures to control basic user interface functions, such as moving the cursor, scrolling and selecting.  The module works in conjunction with the Intel RealSense 3D camera to identify certain hand gestures, which are used as triggers for UI controls.  The module is “touchless” because it doesn’t require the user to touch a mouse, keyboard or other device, but rather to perform intuitive hand gestures in front of the computer screen.

The module is based on the hand tracking module.  The hand module provides raw hand tracking information and gesture identification (see Hand Tracking).  The touchless controller module performs higher level functions, including mapping gestures to UI controls and generating the appropriate system events.  In addition, its gesture identification feature is tailored specifically to the task of performing UI controls.  For example, when a zoom action is performed, other irrelevant gestures (such as taps) are ignored.

The algorithm works for camera model F200 only.

0 Kudos
Prasenjit_B_
Beginner

We have ordered the Intel Realsence  camera.But for the Touchless Controller to work we have to perform the following steps

• Run the DCM installer: intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.2.14.24922 for the F200 camera
  • Run the SDK offline installer: intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r_4.0.0.112526.exe and reboot the computer.

We found the DCM installer.But from where we can download the intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r_4.0.0.112526.exe SDK.We searched the SDK download link(https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download) but unable to find the intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r_4.0.0.112526.exe.Can you please suggest from where we can get that SDK.

Thanks

Prasenjit

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I think that advice about a particular SDK number is way too specific.  Any new SDK version is likely to have it.  You can download the most recent one from here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download

If you already have installed the latest DCM, go straight to step 2, the SDK download.

0 Kudos
Debra_G_Intel
Employee

On the web page that Marty referenced, in step 2, there is a button to download the SDK. When you click it, it will take you to a registration link, and when you register, you'll get an email with download directions.

On the topic of the touchless controller, this high level IDZ article describes how one company implemented one using the Intel RealSense SDK: 

Clean’Move* Puts Intel® RealSense™ Technology into Sterile Environments

Debbie

0 Kudos
Anton_K_2
Beginner

"Using Intel RealSense innovative technology and a stereovision web-camera, the USigner app reads the movements of your hands and allows you to control the cursor and simulate the pressing of mouse buttons by hand gestures."

https://www.usigner.com/download/

0 Kudos