Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Multiple floating licenses for different groups in single license server

Hansen_L_
Beginner

Hi,

Is it possible to have multiple floating licenses for different teams in a single license server, so that each team can access only their respective license allocations? I'm managing a license server for multiple teams, in this particular case where two teams have floating licenses with different number of seats for the same Intel compiler (Intel C++ Composer XE for Linux). Reason for this configuration is that the teams have different cost centres and have different allocation of floating seats.

I am aware that you can only have one instance of the FLEXIm server running but it is possible for different license to be accessed differently, say by different ports?

Thought I check here for ideas before having to setup another license server just to manage one license.

Cheers,

Hansen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hansen,

You cannot run multiple instances of the Intel(R) Software License Manger, even not on different ports, but you can define user groups in an options file and run all Intel licenses on one single license server. So users for a specific group have access to specific features only.

Please refer to the License Administration Guide (-> Managing the Options File) available from the FlexNet webpage: http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm

I hope this helps.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Hansen_L_
Beginner

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately both teams want to use the same feature (ie Intel C++ Composer XE for Linux), thus I guess I'll have to set up a separate license server for one of the team then.

Cheers, Hansen

0 Kudos