Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Need 1360x768 resolution on 40" SAMSUNG LNS4041D

gireeshbhat
Beginner

Hi
I am trying to setup my samsung lns4041d lcd hdtv with my shuttle k-45 media pc via VGA. It uses Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family. I have checked out moninfo, the dtdcalc prgram and intel's graphic driver. However, I am unable to read the edid for the tv using any program. Even when connected to the tv I get EDID values for a monitor I had previously hooked up. How can I get the EDID values for the tv? The TV manual states that i should select a 1360x768 resolution. Can anyone help me with getting this done? I am currently on 1280x768 resolution and have to "auto adjust" using the tv feature at every boot to avoid having the picture pushed to one side. Thanks Gireesh

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee
Quoting - gireeshbhat

Hi
I am trying to setup my samsung lns4041d lcd hdtv with my shuttle k-45 media pc via VGA. It uses Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family. I have checked out moninfo, the dtdcalc prgram and intel's graphic driver. However, I am unable to read the edid for the tv using any program. Even when connected to the tv I get EDID values for a monitor I had previously hooked up. How can I get the EDID values for the tv? The TV manual states that i should select a 1360x768 resolution. Can anyone help me with getting this done? I am currently on 1280x768 resolution and have to "auto adjust" using the tv feature at every boot to avoid having the picture pushed to one side. Thanks Gireesh

Even if Powerstrip doesn't work, you could grab some of the timings from the Powerstrip custom resolutions and convert them to a DTD in DTDCalc (or post them and I'll help). I'm pretty sure you'll want one with a pixel clock of 85.8 or 80.5 or something like that-- your manual should show which pixel clock is appropriate.

0 Kudos
gireeshbhat
Beginner

Even if Powerstrip doesn't work, you could grab some of the timings from the Powerstrip custom resolutions and convert them to a DTD in DTDCalc (or post them and I'll help). I'm pretty sure you'll want one with a pixel clock of 85.8 or 80.5 or something like that-- your manual should show which pixel clock is appropriate.

Aaron,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is what my tv manual states I need for vesa,

1360x768

47.712 kHz Horiz. Freq.

60.015 Hz Vert. Freq.

85.8 MHz pixel clock

+/+ Sync Polarity(H/V)

The deal with powerstrip is that if I set it to custom resolution of 1360x768 sometimes it works and I get a very good picture, but when I reboot even before I get to the login screen I get a "mode not supported" message.Also with powerstrip I can never get the exact values per the manual without screwing up something. What should I try next?

Best Regards

Gireesh

0 Kudos
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee
Quoting - gireeshbhat

Aaron,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is what my tv manual states I need for vesa,

1360x768

47.712 kHz Horiz. Freq.

60.015 Hz Vert. Freq.

85.8 MHz pixel clock

+/+ Sync Polarity(H/V)

The deal with powerstrip is that if I set it to custom resolution of 1360x768 sometimes it works and I get a very good picture, but when I reboot even before I get to the login screen I get a "mode not supported" message.Also with powerstrip I can never get the exact values per the manual without screwing up something. What should I try next?

Best Regards

Gireesh

On one of the times when the 1360x768 works in PowerStrip, can youclick on theAdvanced Timings button and report back the settings listed there?

0 Kudos
gireeshbhat
Beginner

On one of the times when the 1360x768 works in PowerStrip, can youclick on theAdvanced Timings button and report back the settings listed there?

http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psyr3.jpg

I got the 1360x768 resolution I want now using powerstrip. So one problem is solved. However, this computer is Vista Home Premium 32bit and I have to use F8 while booting up and tell it to start in low resolution mode (640x480). Only then does the Vista login screen come up.After log in, powerstrip kicks in and I get the 1366x768 resolution. If I boot normally I get a "not supported mode" error. How can I fix this new problem?

Best Regards

Gireesh

0 Kudos
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee

That was kind of hard to read, but I think I got:

Pixel Clock: 85.028

HActive: 1360

HFP: 64

HSP: 136

HBP: 222

HTotal: 1772

VActive: 768

VFP: 3

VSP: 5

VBP: 22

VTotal: 798

This equates to a DTD value of

37 21 50 9C 51 00 1E 30 40 88 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 1E

I might have been wrong on the Pixel clock. If so I can recompute for you. At any rate, what you'll want to do is download DTDCalculator from the sticky about custom resolutions in this Forum. Stick the hex value I provided above into the Reverse Calculate tab, click the Reverse Calculate button. You should see 1360x768 appear in the upper left hand corner, and ~60.13 appear in the lower right (refresh rate).[If I did indeed read the Pixel Clock number wrong from your posted screenshot, you can change it yourself manually, and the hex number (and refresh) will be recalculated automagically]

Move to the Registry Hack tab.Click Get Calculated-- this will copy the hex data from above into local memory, and if you are sure that's the resolution you want added, click the button "Write DTDs to Registry".

This should add the 1360x768 resolution to the list of selectable resolutions in Graphics Properties (be sure to uncheck "Hide Modes My Monitor Cannot Display" or whatever similar lie shows up there), and all should be well when you select that (you can and probably should then disable Powerstrip coming up on restart-- it will duel with your new settings).

If you still have the problem ofthe resolution not "sticking"-- and therefore not showing up as selectable until after you log in, my suggestion is to re-select 1360x768 and then disable Persistence. Search the registry for "igfxpers" and make sure it is not starting at boot time-- you can rename the file it points to as "igfxpersdontload.exe" or something similar that will preserve it but prevent it from loading.

0 Kudos
gireeshbhat
Beginner

That was kind of hard to read, but I think I got:

Pixel Clock: 85.028

HActive: 1360

HFP: 64

HSP: 136

HBP: 222

HTotal: 1772

VActive: 768

VFP: 3

VSP: 5

VBP: 22

VTotal: 798

This equates to a DTD value of

37 21 50 9C 51 00 1E 30 40 88 35 00 00 00 00 00 00 1E

I might have been wrong on the Pixel clock. If so I can recompute for you. At any rate, what you'll want to do is download DTDCalculator from the sticky about custom resolutions in this Forum. Stick the hex value I provided above into the Reverse Calculate tab, click the Reverse Calculate button. You should see 1360x768 appear in the upper left hand corner, and ~60.13 appear in the lower right (refresh rate).[If I did indeed read the Pixel Clock number wrong from your posted screenshot, you can change it yourself manually, and the hex number (and refresh) will be recalculated automagically]

Move to the Registry Hack tab.Click Get Calculated-- this will copy the hex data from above into local memory, and if you are sure that's the resolution you want added, click the button "Write DTDs to Registry".

This should add the 1360x768 resolution to the list of selectable resolutions in Graphics Properties (be sure to uncheck "Hide Modes My Monitor Cannot Display" or whatever similar lie shows up there), and all should be well when you select that (you can and probably should then disable Powerstrip coming up on restart-- it will duel with your new settings).

If you still have the problem ofthe resolution not "sticking"-- and therefore not showing up as selectable until after you log in, my suggestion is to re-select 1360x768 and then disable Persistence. Search the registry for "igfxpers" and make sure it is not starting at boot time-- you can rename the file it points to as "igfxpersdontload.exe" or something similar that will preserve it but prevent it from loading.

Thanks a bunch!!! That worked perfectly. I did not have to mess with persistence.

Regards

Gireesh

0 Kudos
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear. Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos