Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

No serial number in the download e-mail

Firat_Y_
Beginner

Hi There,

I have downloaded  Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux 1 week before with a non edu e mail address and i guess that is why there is no serial number section on the e mail. I finished my testing and now i would like to get a license for it but i dont know how to get theserial number for my particular installation.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Firat,

Log in to the Intel Registration Center using the email address associated with your installation. You'll see a list of the serial numbers associated with that account. If that's the only copy of Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux you own, it should be easy enough to narrow down which serial number it is.

Also, if you can find the license file for your product (you probably used either the serial number or the license file to install it; if you used the serial number, the license file is generated automatically at /opt/intel/licenses, so either way you should have your license file somewhere) it will have a comment at the bottom of it that identifies the serial number it's associated with. Of course, if you have multiple license files you have to figure out which one is the right one, but if you have it attached to an email or you only have the one license, it's simple enough.

If this doesn't help, send me a PM with the email address you used (the product doesn't appear to be associated with the account you're posting with here) by clicking the Send Author A Message link on the gray bar by my name.

- Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Firat,

Log in to the Intel Registration Center using the email address associated with your installation. You'll see a list of the serial numbers associated with that account. If that's the only copy of Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux you own, it should be easy enough to narrow down which serial number it is.

Also, if you can find the license file for your product (you probably used either the serial number or the license file to install it; if you used the serial number, the license file is generated automatically at /opt/intel/licenses, so either way you should have your license file somewhere) it will have a comment at the bottom of it that identifies the serial number it's associated with. Of course, if you have multiple license files you have to figure out which one is the right one, but if you have it attached to an email or you only have the one license, it's simple enough.

If this doesn't help, send me a PM with the email address you used (the product doesn't appear to be associated with the account you're posting with here) by clicking the Send Author A Message link on the gray bar by my name.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Firat_Y_
Beginner

Thanks Alexandra

I think, i opened another account during the installation instead of existing one. 

I will look for it.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Glad to help, Firat.

Have I adequately answered your question?

0 Kudos
Firat_Y_
Beginner

Yes Alexandra,

I have mistakenly filled the e-mail address with another e-mail. Found it. :)

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Alright, since your issue has been resolved, I'll close this thread.

If you have another question please create a new thread so we can get to you in a timely and organized fashion.

0 Kudos