Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Non-Commercial Linux Intel Composer XE 2013 License?

Richard_G_3
Beginner

I've been gifted two Xeon Phis and would like to start experimenting with them. This is as a hobby I'm trying to get into (personal use), I can't seem to figure out how to obtain a non-commercial Linux license to get up and running. Everywhere I turn it seems like I need Composer XE (icc) to compile programs to run on the Xeon Phis. I don't have much experience with this sort of thing. My worst fear is that if I can't obtain a free license for non-commercial then either I'd have to buy a commercial license or I've got new paper weights..

Anyone with experience programming on Xeon Phis? How can I obtain a non-commercial license or is it possible to write good performing code without Composer XE for these?

Thanks for your response!

-Richard

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Richard,

You can find the procedure for getting a Non-Commercial license here :- https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software , select the category (Student, educator ...) that suits you and follow the steps from there on.

I would prefer you to use Intel Compiler, because with Xeon phi's you have good opportunity for vectorization, Which may be benefited by using Intel Compilers. We also have several articles on Xeon-phi optimization at software.intel.com . Please do let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Sukruth H V

0 Kudos
Richard_G_3
Beginner

Thank you Sukruth, I think I fit the Open Source category best. I have submitted a request by going to the link you've provided.

0 Kudos